Andrew Koenig Hanged Himself, According to Source
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2010 08:55AM
A source for E! News claims that the 'Growing Pains' co-star hanged himself from a tree in Vancouver's Stanley Park. His body was reportedly discovered by a friend who took part in a search-and-rescue effort that began earlier in the week.
The official cause of death has not been released due to the ongoing investigation. A source for E! added that it could take two months before anything is determined.
However, at press conference this week, Andrew's father, Walter, confirmed that his son's death was a suicide. "My son took his own life," he said through tears.
"Andrew was a man who cared deeply about others, and who acted on his conscience ,working on a grass roots level to help those in need," Koenig's parents added in a statement Friday, according to E!. "To honor him and his life, we are suggesting people donate in Andrew's memory to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or U.S. Campaign for Burma."
Koenig was first reported missing on Feb. 16 when he missed his flight home to Los Angeles. He was last seen on Feb. 14 at a friend's house in Vancouver.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Gosling Writes Daughter Esmeralda's Name On His Hand: Cute Photo!
- Kim Kardashian Goes Topless, Without Makeup Before Tanning in Instagram Photo
- Dakota Johnson Goes Back to Blonde, Trades in Fifty Shades of Grey Innocence for Gritty Drama Cymbeline: Watch the Trailer!
- Jennifer Lawrence blasts story of on-set fight
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Even Kate Upton Needs a Touch-Up! Model Steps Out Makeup-Free, Reveals Blotchy Skin
- Amber Rose's Butt Comes Up in Manslaughter Trial: Defendant Claims She Gave Amber Injections!
- Robert De Niro Didn't Mean to Not Pay $6.4 Million in Taxes—the IRS Just Mixed Up His Address!