Andrew Koenig Hanged Himself, According to Source
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2010 08:55AM
A source for E! News claims that the 'Growing Pains' co-star hanged himself from a tree in Vancouver's Stanley Park. His body was reportedly discovered by a friend who took part in a search-and-rescue effort that began earlier in the week.
The official cause of death has not been released due to the ongoing investigation. A source for E! added that it could take two months before anything is determined.
However, at press conference this week, Andrew's father, Walter, confirmed that his son's death was a suicide. "My son took his own life," he said through tears.
"Andrew was a man who cared deeply about others, and who acted on his conscience ,working on a grass roots level to help those in need," Koenig's parents added in a statement Friday, according to E!. "To honor him and his life, we are suggesting people donate in Andrew's memory to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or U.S. Campaign for Burma."
Koenig was first reported missing on Feb. 16 when he missed his flight home to Los Angeles. He was last seen on Feb. 14 at a friend's house in Vancouver.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Is an Unrecognizable Teenage Singer in 2001 Video: Watch
- JWoww's Daughter Meilani Has Playdate with Snooki's Son Lorenzo: See the Cute Pic!
- Jennifer Lopez: I've "Made Mistakes" With Men, My Kids Stay in the Bronx With Family So They "Get It"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Jason Aldean announces new album 'Old Boots, New Dirt' with track listing
- Woman Gets Metal Pole Impaled Through Her Butt During Texting and Driving Accident
- Khloé Kardashian and Scott Disick Join Cast of Royal Pains for Season Finale—See the Exclusive Pic!
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"