Andrew Koenig Hanged Himself, According to Source
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2010 08:55AM
A source for E! News claims that the 'Growing Pains' co-star hanged himself from a tree in Vancouver's Stanley Park. His body was reportedly discovered by a friend who took part in a search-and-rescue effort that began earlier in the week.
The official cause of death has not been released due to the ongoing investigation. A source for E! added that it could take two months before anything is determined.
However, at press conference this week, Andrew's father, Walter, confirmed that his son's death was a suicide. "My son took his own life," he said through tears.
"Andrew was a man who cared deeply about others, and who acted on his conscience ,working on a grass roots level to help those in need," Koenig's parents added in a statement Friday, according to E!. "To honor him and his life, we are suggesting people donate in Andrew's memory to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or U.S. Campaign for Burma."
Koenig was first reported missing on Feb. 16 when he missed his flight home to Los Angeles. He was last seen on Feb. 14 at a friend's house in Vancouver.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Scream Premiere Recap: Get Caught Up On MTV's Terrifying New Show
- Brantley Gilbert Marries Girlfriend Amber Cochran
- Zoo Recap: 5 Things to Know About TV's Craziest New Thriller
- Security beefed up as Bobbi Kristina Brown's condition grows increasingly dire: source
- Chrissy Teigen goes topless for magazine, fights with Instagram
- Miss USA loses Cheryl Burke as a co-host
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Lovely in Lace While Attending Broadway Play With Gal Pal in New York City
- Exclusive Photos—See the Veronica Mars Cast Reunite for a Great Cause!
- So Who's the Killer on MTV's Scream? The Cast and Showrunners Spill Dark Secrets about Ghostface