Andrew Koenig Hanged Himself, According to Source
By PopEater Staff Posted Feb 27th 2010 08:55AM
A source for E! News claims that the 'Growing Pains' co-star hanged himself from a tree in Vancouver's Stanley Park. His body was reportedly discovered by a friend who took part in a search-and-rescue effort that began earlier in the week.
The official cause of death has not been released due to the ongoing investigation. A source for E! added that it could take two months before anything is determined.
However, at press conference this week, Andrew's father, Walter, confirmed that his son's death was a suicide. "My son took his own life," he said through tears.
"Andrew was a man who cared deeply about others, and who acted on his conscience ,working on a grass roots level to help those in need," Koenig's parents added in a statement Friday, according to E!. "To honor him and his life, we are suggesting people donate in Andrew's memory to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or U.S. Campaign for Burma."
Koenig was first reported missing on Feb. 16 when he missed his flight home to Los Angeles. He was last seen on Feb. 14 at a friend's house in Vancouver.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With, You Guessed It, a Cleavage Shot
- Bryan Cranston: Being Famous "Is Almost Like Being a Pregnant Woman"
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Is a "Free Spirit," "Amazing With Kids," Ex-Girlfriend's Mom Says
- Better blonde or brunette?
- Dean Jones, boyish Disney star, dies at 84
- Avril Lavigne announces separation from husband Chad Kroeger
- Mr. Robot's Finale Brilliantly Sets the Stage for Season 2 With Twists, Turns & New Questions
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen Are Not Headed for Divorce, Source Says
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Can't Stop Gushing About His New Leading Lady—Get the Scoop!