Marie Osmond's Son Michael Blosil Commits Suicide
Blosil jumped to his death from his downtown apartment building around 9PM, according to new details obtained by ET Online. The Los Angeles Fire Department was quickly dispatched after receiving a phone call and found a body believed to be Blosil's upon arrival.
An autopsy on the body may be conducted as early as tomorrow, says ET.
Blosil left a suicide note behind. In it, he cited a life-long battle with depression as the reason for his suicide.
Blosil was one of Osmond's eight children.
"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Marie said.
In a telephone interview, Donny Osmond told ET, "Please pray for my sister and her family."
Marie and Donny are currently on stage in the Vegas production of 'Donny and Marie.' Tonight's show has been canceled, according to reports.
Osmond and her ex-husband, Brian Blosil, adopted Michael. Following their divorce after 20 years of marriage, Michael became depressed and in November 2007, entered rehab.
"Those kinds of things are really very hard for a teenager to deal with," Osmond told PEOPLE in March of 2009. "And if he ever wants to talk about it ... he will, but it has to be their choice. It's not my choice."
She went on to say that Michael was doing quite well, saying she "couldn't be more proud of him" and that "he's got a 3.9 GPA in high school. He's looking at scholarships to some wonderful colleges."
More developing ...
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Jessica Hall Pregnant! Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Expecting First Child With Husband Kyle Carlson
- Armie Hammer's Wife Elizabeth Chambers Celebrates Baby Shower: Photos, Details
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Bill Cosby's lawyer issues statement on rape allegations
- Bill Cosby's Florida standup performance greeted with standing ovation
- Is Another Duggar Off the Market? Get the Scoop on John-David's Relationship Status
- Pregnant Liv Tyler and Boyfriend Dave Gardner Are All Smiles at London Event
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Actually a Lovely Singer and "Hanging Tree" From Mockingjay Will Haunt Your Dreams: Listen!