Marie Osmond's Son Michael Blosil Commits Suicide
Blosil jumped to his death from his downtown apartment building around 9PM, according to new details obtained by ET Online. The Los Angeles Fire Department was quickly dispatched after receiving a phone call and found a body believed to be Blosil's upon arrival.
An autopsy on the body may be conducted as early as tomorrow, says ET.
Blosil left a suicide note behind. In it, he cited a life-long battle with depression as the reason for his suicide.
Blosil was one of Osmond's eight children.
"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Marie said.
In a telephone interview, Donny Osmond told ET, "Please pray for my sister and her family."
Marie and Donny are currently on stage in the Vegas production of 'Donny and Marie.' Tonight's show has been canceled, according to reports.
Osmond and her ex-husband, Brian Blosil, adopted Michael. Following their divorce after 20 years of marriage, Michael became depressed and in November 2007, entered rehab.
"Those kinds of things are really very hard for a teenager to deal with," Osmond told PEOPLE in March of 2009. "And if he ever wants to talk about it ... he will, but it has to be their choice. It's not my choice."
She went on to say that Michael was doing quite well, saying she "couldn't be more proud of him" and that "he's got a 3.9 GPA in high school. He's looking at scholarships to some wonderful colleges."
More developing ...
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sister Wives' Kody Brown Reveals He Almost Quit the Show: "I Had Had Enough"
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Crazy Flat Abs in Short Shorts, Is Thinner Than Ever in New Instagram Photo: "People Love to Call Me the Fat One"
- Halle Berry: It's Hard to Get Roles as a Woman of Color
- The life and career of Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of ?Star Trek,' dead at 83
- Vanilla Ice opens up on 'mess' of an arrest
- Jennifer Lawrence's Screaming Match With David O. Russell on Joy Set: Just the Director Getting Her Pumped for a Fight Scene?!
- Christina Milian Calls Her Mom "So F---ing Selfish" During Major Argument—See the Turned Up Finale Sneak Peek!
- Looney Tunes Goes High Fashion! Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird & More Hit the Runway at Moschino Show—Take a Look