Marie Osmond's Son Michael Blosil Commits Suicide
Blosil jumped to his death from his downtown apartment building around 9PM, according to new details obtained by ET Online. The Los Angeles Fire Department was quickly dispatched after receiving a phone call and found a body believed to be Blosil's upon arrival.
An autopsy on the body may be conducted as early as tomorrow, says ET.
Blosil left a suicide note behind. In it, he cited a life-long battle with depression as the reason for his suicide.
Blosil was one of Osmond's eight children.
"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Marie said.
In a telephone interview, Donny Osmond told ET, "Please pray for my sister and her family."
Marie and Donny are currently on stage in the Vegas production of 'Donny and Marie.' Tonight's show has been canceled, according to reports.
Osmond and her ex-husband, Brian Blosil, adopted Michael. Following their divorce after 20 years of marriage, Michael became depressed and in November 2007, entered rehab.
"Those kinds of things are really very hard for a teenager to deal with," Osmond told PEOPLE in March of 2009. "And if he ever wants to talk about it ... he will, but it has to be their choice. It's not my choice."
She went on to say that Michael was doing quite well, saying she "couldn't be more proud of him" and that "he's got a 3.9 GPA in high school. He's looking at scholarships to some wonderful colleges."
More developing ...
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Catherine Giudici's Pregnant Belly, Newt Gingrich's Change of Politics: See Stars' April Fools' Day Tricks!
- Kylie Jenner Steals Kim Kardashian's Double-Denim Style: Who Wore the Outfit Best?
- Milla Jovovich Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl Dashiel Eden With Husband Paul Anderson
- John Lennon's first wife Cynthia Lennon dead
- Tara Reid to tabloids: Stop 'bullying me' about my weight
- Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Supernatural Fan-Favorite Jim Beaver Reminisces on Playing Bobby and His Favorite Episodes
- Jamie Dornan Reveals He Stalked Woman to Prepare for The Fall Serial Killer Role, Says It Felt "Exciting"
- Ludacris Spills on Justin Bieber Roast, Says It Was ''a Success'': Watch Now!