Why 'Bachelor' Jake Pavelka Made the Right Decision
By Andrew Scott Posted Mar 2nd 2010 09:54AM
But just as Jake's family did in last night's finale, we finally developed a soft spot for the 23-year-old marketing rep from Geneva, Florida -- so much, in fact, that we think Jake ultimately made the right call in picking Vienna ... and here's why:
If anything was made clear last night, it was that Jake has an obvious connection with Vienna. It may be a bit on the physical side, what with the mud fighting and all, but it's a connection nonetheless. The same, of course, couldn't be said of Jake and runner-up Tenley. While Tenley seemed like the perfect bride on paper (she's cute, she's smart and had a flawless meet-and-greet with the family), the spark just wasn't there, not even after an impromptu jump in the pool -- although maybe the fact that Jake's family also jumped into the pool had something to do with it. If it wasn't there at the finale, then it was never going to be there. Besides, at the end of the day, we can't really blame Jake, because ...
-- We're just not into Tenley
We'll be the first to admit that Tenley seems like a sweet girl. As we said, she's great on paper and is almost guaranteed to find happiness again. But like Jake, the spark just wasn't there for us, as solidified by her shrill, 10-minute crying spree at the end of the finale, when Jake broke the bad news to her. By then, we began to see why Jake would pick someone more bubbly, outgoing and, to be honest, more exciting like Vienna, who knows how to keep Jake, the audience and especially the tabloids on its toes. And speaking of ...
-- Vienna's 15 minutes are far from over
If you've walked by a newsstand in the past few weeks, you'll know that Vienna is a huge tabloid target; and since Jake picked the so-called "bad girl" in the end, things are bound to heat up even more. Regardless, there seems to be a vested interest in the couple, which was good news for the show's ratings and probably even better news for 'Dancing With the Stars,' since Jake was just named one season 10's 11 contestants. In other words: This couple won't be fading away anytime soon. This may be the best thing Jake could have ever hoped for, considering that he's still reeling from one big mistake ...
-- He never should have let Ali slip away
From the moment she appeared, it was hard not to fall in love with Ali. She was cute; she had personality; and she definitely had a sense of humor about herself, as shown in the first episode when she accidentally ripped her dress. Throughout the season, Ali appeared to be the perfect fit for Jake, but unfortunately for him, she wound up choosing work over love, a decision she still seems to be grappling with. But perhaps it was all for the best: Jake has found his bride-to-be (the couple is reportedly still engaged), and Ali will get to find love all over again when she stars in 'The Bachelorette' later this year. And who doesn't love a happy ending?
Tell us: Did Jake make the right call in picking Vienna?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice's Daughter Gia, 13, Releases Risque, Questionable Music Video With Girl Group 3KT
- Lucy Hale Channels Liza Minnelli for Flaunt Magazine, Looks Just as Gorgeous With a Black Bob Hairstyle
- Mandy Moore, Husband Ryan Adams Go as Addams Family Couple in Halloween Throwback Photo
- Leaving Already? NeNe Leakes Skips ?RHOA' Cast Trip Amid Rumors She's Quitting The Show ? The Real Reason She RSVP'd No
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Play E! Online's Christmas TV Movie Bingo Game This Holiday Season!
- Scott Disick Reveals He Takes Anxiety Medication to Avoid Feeling the Need to "Jump Out of My Skin" After Parents' Death
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Headed for a Split? ''Things Still Aren't Good,'' Says Source