Brittany Murphy Left All to Mom, Nothing to Husband
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 2nd 2010 09:18AM
Monjack tells TMZ that after he and Murphy got married, the actress had a formal will drafted along with a trust. Everything she has was supposed to go to her mom, Sharon.
According to Monjack, he asked that the will include the language, "I am married to Simon Monjack, who I have intentionally left out of this will."
It's unclear how much Murphy's estate is worth, but Sharon recently put the late star's Hollywood home up for sale with a $7.25 million asking price.
Murphy was found dead Dec. 20 in her bathroom by her husband. The final coroner's report, released Feb. 23, states that she had "elevated levels" of Vicodin and drugs from over-the-counter cold medicine in her system, but no illegal substances.
Earlier, the coroner said pneumonia was the primary cause of death, with multiple drug intoxication and a low blood count as contributing factors.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
- Lou Ferrigno's wife Carla Ferrigno accuses Bill Cosby of assault; more come forward
- Watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Get the 'Friends' Treatment
- William Shatner Books Arc on Syfy's 'Haven'
- Richard Linklater to Receive Casting Society of America's Career Achievement Award
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- George Lucas is Making 'Strange Magic' in This New Trailer (VIDEO)
- What in the World Is Going on at 'The Today Show'?
- Eddie Redmayne Facts: 23 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Theory of Everything' Star