Danny Bonaduce Doesn't Miss MIA Onscreen Sib Susan Dey
By Sam Brand Posted Mar 2nd 2010 02:30PM
Susan Dey, AKA 'The Partridge Family's' oldest daughter Laurie, isn't on Twitter. So, don't bother trying to figure out why she skipped the Tuesday morning family reunion on the 'Today Show.' Nobody knows. OK, maybe producer beau Bernard Sofronski knows, but he's not on Twitter either. It's time to face facts. Gathering television's most famous families in one room is darn near impossible. Not that onscreen sibling Danny Bonaduce cares...
Yesterday it was 'Eight is Enough's' Adam Rich who skipped the 'Today' reunion. The oft-troubled youngest Bradford wrote in saying he was there "in spirit." Dianne Kay, who played Nancy Bradford on the late '70s hit didn't make it either, though she stopped by via live feed.
Diana Hyland, the original 'Eight is Enough' matriarch, succumbed to cancer just days after the show's first episode aired in 1977. Lani O'Grady, 'Eight is Enough's' eldest Bradford sister, died of a drug overdose in 2001.
There were virtually no unkind words uttered by the gathered Bradford clan. That wasn't the case for the Partridges.
But then again, 'The Partridge Family' hasn't been quite so beset by tragedy. All of the show's central cast members are alive and seemingly well today.
The family's "winsome moppets," Suzanne Crough, Brian Froster, David Cassidy, and Danny Bonaduce showed up to reminisce with Matt Lauer on old times passed.
Mama Shirley's absence was excused. Mrs. Jones is on tour "doing 17 concerts in 17 nights with symphony orchestras," Cassidy explained.
But Dey's absence was spoken of under a shadow of dismay.
"The only way you can reach Susan Dey is, I think, by teleprompter," Bonaduce joked.
"Susan who?" Crough said under her breath.
Cassidy had more sentimental words. "I loved Susan. I haven't seen her in years," he said. "She became a very close friend of mine. I felt like she was a sister... she was two years younger than I. If you're out there and you're watching Susan, we still love you."
"Not me so much," Bonaduce butted in. "I'm being sincere."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston Loves The Bachelor Even When It's a "Train Wreck": "It's Great Junk Food"
- Melissa Rivers Files Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit Against NYC Clinic, Doctors Who Performed Surgery on Joan Rivers -- Get All the Details
- Juan Pablo Galavis Disses Andi Dorfman After Her Split From Josh Murray, Claims "It's OK"
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Chelsea Clinton Talks Motherhood, Sports Skinny Jeans and Cowboy Boots During Day of Action Event
- Meet Tess Holliday, the Plus-Size Model Who Scored a Major Contract and Created the #EffYourBeautyStandards Movement
- Victoria's Secret Debuts Steamy Full-Length Super Bowl Ad—Watch the Sexy Video!