Jay Leno Returns to 'The Tonight Show' Saying, 'It's Good to Be Home'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 2nd 2010 01:41AM
"I'm Jay Leno, your host ... at least for a while," he continued, alluding to the battle for the coveted NBC time slot with short-lived tenant Conan O'Brien.
"I've got to admit that I'm a little nervous," said Leno, "not because it's my first night back. Because I know that Dave and Oprah are watching."
Leno then went back to business as usual in the monologue, lampooning everything from the Olympics, Russians, Dick Cheney's heart problems, the Toyota recall and Tiger Woods. Leno then dramatically unveiled the new desk he'll sit at during his tenure as host.
Leno even mocked his return with an opening skit paying tribute to 'The Wizard of Oz.' Leno was featured being awakened by longtime sidekick Kevin Eubanks and former intern Ross Mathews as he murmured, "There's no place like home" with a cloth on his head.
"I did leave, I went away to the strangest place," Leno said. "Some of it wasn't so nice."
Betty White then brought him back to reality.
"Whoa, NBC really did cut your budget," White said. "I cannot believe you're doing your show from here."
It was all a bad dream Jay.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- TV star Dustin Diamond convicted of misdemeanors in Christmas Day stabbing
- Matt Weiner talks ?Mad Men' finale: ?I had a ton of doubts'
- Put Down That Thong, Girl: Granny Panties Are (Apparently) Coming Back in Style
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now!
- Trista Sutter Reminds Us That the Bachelor Franchise Does Result in Lasting Love...Sometimes!