Jay Leno Returns to 'The Tonight Show' Saying, 'It's Good to Be Home'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 2nd 2010 01:41AM
"I'm Jay Leno, your host ... at least for a while," he continued, alluding to the battle for the coveted NBC time slot with short-lived tenant Conan O'Brien.
"I've got to admit that I'm a little nervous," said Leno, "not because it's my first night back. Because I know that Dave and Oprah are watching."
Leno then went back to business as usual in the monologue, lampooning everything from the Olympics, Russians, Dick Cheney's heart problems, the Toyota recall and Tiger Woods. Leno then dramatically unveiled the new desk he'll sit at during his tenure as host.
Leno even mocked his return with an opening skit paying tribute to 'The Wizard of Oz.' Leno was featured being awakened by longtime sidekick Kevin Eubanks and former intern Ross Mathews as he murmured, "There's no place like home" with a cloth on his head.
"I did leave, I went away to the strangest place," Leno said. "Some of it wasn't so nice."
Betty White then brought him back to reality.
"Whoa, NBC really did cut your budget," White said. "I cannot believe you're doing your show from here."
It was all a bad dream Jay.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donovan Leitch's Fiancee Libby Mintz Is Pregnant! Couple Expecting First Child Together
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting