Jay Leno Returns to 'The Tonight Show' Saying, 'It's Good to Be Home'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 2nd 2010 01:41AM
"I'm Jay Leno, your host ... at least for a while," he continued, alluding to the battle for the coveted NBC time slot with short-lived tenant Conan O'Brien.
"I've got to admit that I'm a little nervous," said Leno, "not because it's my first night back. Because I know that Dave and Oprah are watching."
Leno then went back to business as usual in the monologue, lampooning everything from the Olympics, Russians, Dick Cheney's heart problems, the Toyota recall and Tiger Woods. Leno then dramatically unveiled the new desk he'll sit at during his tenure as host.
Leno even mocked his return with an opening skit paying tribute to 'The Wizard of Oz.' Leno was featured being awakened by longtime sidekick Kevin Eubanks and former intern Ross Mathews as he murmured, "There's no place like home" with a cloth on his head.
"I did leave, I went away to the strangest place," Leno said. "Some of it wasn't so nice."
Betty White then brought him back to reality.
"Whoa, NBC really did cut your budget," White said. "I cannot believe you're doing your show from here."
It was all a bad dream Jay.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Paul Walker Cheated Death Previously: ?Fast & Furious' Star Hit Car Going At High Speed In 2008
- Hilton-Lohan Feud: Paris’ Brother Telling Pals His Face Is ‘Permanently Damaged’ After Alleged Brutal Beating
- Victim Of Fire Started By Rehabbed Amanda Bynes ?Forgives' Her: ?People Don’t Get Over Drug Addiction Overnight’
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- Simon Cowell Got a Massage During Lauren Silverman's Baby Shower
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!