Jay Leno Returns to 'The Tonight Show' Saying, 'It's Good to Be Home'
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 2nd 2010 01:41AM
"I'm Jay Leno, your host ... at least for a while," he continued, alluding to the battle for the coveted NBC time slot with short-lived tenant Conan O'Brien.
"I've got to admit that I'm a little nervous," said Leno, "not because it's my first night back. Because I know that Dave and Oprah are watching."
Leno then went back to business as usual in the monologue, lampooning everything from the Olympics, Russians, Dick Cheney's heart problems, the Toyota recall and Tiger Woods. Leno then dramatically unveiled the new desk he'll sit at during his tenure as host.
Leno even mocked his return with an opening skit paying tribute to 'The Wizard of Oz.' Leno was featured being awakened by longtime sidekick Kevin Eubanks and former intern Ross Mathews as he murmured, "There's no place like home" with a cloth on his head.
"I did leave, I went away to the strangest place," Leno said. "Some of it wasn't so nice."
Betty White then brought him back to reality.
"Whoa, NBC really did cut your budget," White said. "I cannot believe you're doing your show from here."
It was all a bad dream Jay.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Disney Live-Action Reboots We'd Love to See -- From Aladdin to The Little Mermaid -- Plus Our Dream Castings!
- Adrienne Bailon Performs Selena Song on 20th Anniversary of Singer's Death: Watch the Cheetah Girl's First Performance in Six Years
- Harvey Weinstein Vows He Will Be "Fully Vindicated" Against Groping Accusation Made by 22-Year-Old Model
- ?New Girl' renewed for season 5 by Fox
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'sexist;' Comedy Central stands behind new 'Daily Show' host
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- 19 Kids & Counting Sneak Peek: Watch Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Prepare for Their Wedding Day (and First Kiss)!
- Kit Harington Is a Serious Actor, Says Being Called a Hunk Is ''Offensive'' and ''Demeaning''
- Stephanie Pratt Poses Topless for FHM, Reveals Plans to Release Explosive Tell-All About ''Drugs and Rehab and Arrests''