Jay Leno to Take on Letterman in NYC Showdown
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 2nd 2010 02:00AM
Leno Takes Manhattan
Jay Leno is back behind the desk at 'The Tonight Show' and he'll do whatever it takes to keep his reclaimed seat -- even if that means going toe-to-toe with Letterman in the Big Apple. "Jay and NBC are talking about bringing 'The Tonight Show' to New York for a week. Similar to what Oprah did when she brought her show to New York," a TV insider tells me. "New York has an energy and buzz about it that LA simply doesn't have."
Although nothing has been set in stone, sources tell me Jay would like nothing better than beating Dave on his rival's home turf. And if the battle for the number one late night show doesn't end in Jay's favor, we'd still love to see a good, old-fashioned dance-off in the big city -- West Side Story-style!
A Leno spokesperson told me in an e-mail: "As of now, no plans to bring show to NYC."
Marie Osmond Pushed Toward Vegas
Marie Osmond has kept a low profile since the tragic passing of her son Michael. Now, friends are encouraging the singer to return to her Las Vegas show -- for therapeutic purposes. "Being on stage, surrounded by love, is exactly what Marie needs right now. It will take her mind of all the awful questions going round and round in her head," a source tells me. "It's not about money, it's simply about keeping busy as a form of therapy."
I say: take your time, Marie. Do what your heart tells you. Vegas will welcome you back with open arms whenever you're ready.
Naughty Chefs Need Love Too
Any reporter could ask Rocco DiSpirito for advice on wine pairings, but I was more interested in his thoughts on dessert. I caught the handsome celebrity chef by surprise at the Food Network South Beach Food and Wine festival last weekend when I asked him what chef he would most like to see naked. Rocco was ready with an answer: "The Food Networks Sandra Lee," he told me, "to see if she is really semi-homemade!"
The always-bubbly Rachael Ray screamed with laughter when I asked her the same question . She answered with a blush, "None of them. Ewwwww. They are all like my brothers."
Only chefs Michael White and Mark Fuller had a total sense of humor failure, telling me through their publicist, "We do not have anything to contribute." Let's hope their food has more personality!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jay Leno
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andrew Garfield and Batkid's Oscars Segment Drama, Khloe Kardashian Buys Justin Bieber's House: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Prince Harry Launches Sporting Event, Invictus Games, for Injured Servicemen and Women
- Martha Stewart Gives Sex Advice, Says She Had a Prison Name in Reddit AMA
- Who’s That Girl? Farrah Abraham’s Shocking First Modeling Shoot Shows How Much She’s Changed — Thanks To Plastic Surgery!
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Khloe Kardashian: What happened to her face?
- ?Booger' brings back all things 'Nerd' for a whole new generation
- Scandal's Steamy Makeout, The Vampire Diaries Loses Two Fan Favorites and More OMG TV Moments!
- American Idol Elimination: Find Out Who Was Voted Off—Plus, Harry Connick Jr. Defends His "Harsh" Critiques
- Amber Heard Flashes Ring While on the Red Carpet With Fiancé Johnny Depp