Miss Piggy Going Gaga in New 'Muppets' Movie?
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 2nd 2010 07:50AM
In a seriously brilliant fusion of two of Hollywood's most powerful starlets, it looks like Miss Piggy is going to get a little inspiration from none other than the always-interesting Lady Gaga in a new 'Muppets' film currently in the works. According to The Hollywood Life, Miss Piggy "ends up becoming like a Lady Gaga-esque character living in Europe" in the new Jason Segal-penned film. But what will her beau Kermit think about the outfit she famously wore in the photo above?
The writers of the film, tentatively titled 'The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made' (*Editor's Note: Stellar hyperbole!), are still figuring out the direction of each character, but one thing is for sure -- this will likely be different from other Muppet movies. 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' scribes Segal ('How I Met Your Mother,' 'I Love You, Man') and Nicholas Stoller will likely bring their fresh (and twisted) senses of humor to the kid-friendly feature, but still maintain the feel-good vibe we've all come to love.
"The film finds a human couple and their muppet friend racing to get the old gang -- all now retired entertainers -- together for one last hurrah in order to save their old TV studio from an oil giant who wants to destroy it," The Hollywood Life reports.
In that scenario, a heartbroken and "destitute" Kermit is found living in squalor, and his furry pals use all of their cheer to get him back on track.
"The producers plan to go out to a lot of big stars. It will be like a telethon theme, with stars joining in to save the studio too," THL's insider says of the film.
While there's no word if Miss Gaga herself will make a cameo, we're going to go ahead and assume she will, because that would make us very happy. And might we suggest that The Swedish Chef be based on Tom Cruise?
Lady Gaga Photos
© BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Lady GaGa goes to eat at Mr. Chow wearing a silver lobster on her head after her concert at the O2 Arena NON-EXCLUSIVE February 28, 2010 Job: 100301M10 London, England www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com [KGC-104]
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career
- ?SNL' Recap: J.K. Simmons Takes a ?Snow Day' and More Great Skits!
- New Details on Bobbi Kristina's Condition After Being Found Unresponsive in a Bathtub
- Val Kilmer Responds to Health Scare, Denies Tumor Operation
- Power Rangers Samurai Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested For Stabbing Roommate to Death With Sword: Report
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement on Bobbi Kristina's Condition: "Please Allow My Family to Give My Daughter the Love and Support She Needs"
- Chris O'Dowd, Wife Dawn O'Porter Welcome First Child, a Baby Boy Named Art O'Porter