The CW Takes off with New Reality Series 'Fly Girls'
By Jenna Busch Posted Mar 2nd 2010 01:56PM
In the new CW series 'Fly Girls,' we get a chance to check out the lives of these jet-setters. (Sorry, but there was really no way to avoid saying that at least once.) We weren't sent a simple screener ... not for a series like this. The CW went all out for the premiere of their new show. A group of journalists, including myself, were flown on Virgin America from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, served drinks by the cast members and were invited to the premiere party at Legasse Stadium at the Palazzo.
As we arrived at the airport, we were whisked through the bowels of LAX to the waiting area for our flight. Rarely do you look around an area like that and see anything but potential in-flight annoyances: Crying babies, non-stop talkers... but this waiting room contained the likes of Giles Marini from 'Dancing With the Stars' and Shaun Sipos of 'Melrose Place,' both of whom were joining us on the flight.
Once on board, we were served cocktails and got a chance to check out the pilot episode. Just as entertaining were the ladies attempts to stay polite as everyone watched them cry, backbite and roll their eyes on screen. I suppose it's what they have to do on a regular basis. I just kept thinking of the poor flight attendants who had to deal with the whole Kevin Smith fiasco and the irate customers who yell at them as amenities continue to be taken away. (Not that I would ever do something like that. Ahem.)
Once we arrived (and my pink socks were mocked by the TSA guys), we were whisked off to the Palazzo, where we were served cocktails and snacks. I was given a few moments to chat with the two ladies I think will be the stars of the show: Mandy and Nikole. (A poll behind them on the stage earlier in the night said that Farrah was currently the most popular.) Though they were seated three inches from each other, they didn't look each other in the eyes once.
After watching the pilot not an hour before, it took all I had to not to grab Nikole and say, "Lady, you were mean! How could you do that to poor Mandy? And your yappy dogs are going to make everyone hate you. Don't you see that..."
I imagine you'll be yelling the same thing at your screen.
'Fly Girls' premieres March 24 at 9:30/8:30c on the CW.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Britney Spears Talks "Sh--ty Day" After David Lucado Split, Still Manages to Smile
- Miley Cyrus's Homeless MTV VMAs Date Jesse Helt Turns Himself in to Police, Cyrus Helps Pay for Legal Help
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases Statement About Fashion Police Host's Condition, Says She's "Resting Comfortably"
- Kim Kardashian Admits Brody Jenner Was Upset She Didn't Invite His Girlfriend To Her Kanye West Nuptials
- Joan Rivers In Medically Induced Coma – Report
- Britney ?Betrayed!' Boyfriend Caught On Tape With Another Woman ? She's ?Devastated,' Says Source
- Martina McBride and Billy Ray Cyrus team up to honor the Beatles
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Donald Trump Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With the Help of Miss Universe and Miss USA—Watch Now!
- Dakota Fanning Loves Lisa Vanderpump, Talks 21st Birthday Plans (Yup, a Drink May Be Involved)
- Inside Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Budget Wedding—It Was Practically Free!