Tiger Woods Really Could Have Used TigerText
An iPhone application called TigerText lets users delete embarrassing (or incriminating) text messages after they've been sent. But wait, wait, wait -- it's not a reference to a certain philandering golfer? Seriously?
"Tigers are notoriously difficult animals to track. This is not about people trying to cheat," Jeffrey Evans, the founder of TigerText developer X Sigma Partners, told AFP. "If you send a it should stay private."
TigerText recipients get a notification from the iPhone application prompting them to install the free app and read their message. TigerTexts are never stored on the recipient's iPhone, and can be set to vanish almost instantly or after a specified time. The messages are also copy-proof and can't be forwarded.
Evans insists the app is geared for general privacy, not to defend promiscuity or illegal activities. Time reported:
Evans points out that the European Union ruled in 2006 that phone and Internet providers were required to keep all cell-phone and e-mail data for a certain period of time. "That just seems wrong and an invasion of privacy," he says. "We have not caught on to the implications of all these conversations being kept for so long." While he acknowledges that the app might also be a boon to teens who are in the habit of sexting, drunk texting or "running off at the thumb," he thinks lawyers and their clients and business executives involved in complicated deals will be even more interested.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'