Breaking the Tension of a Robert Pattinson, Emilie de Ravin Love Scene
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 3rd 2010 06:16AM
'Remember Me' star Emilie de Ravin tells PopEater she would would certainly put director Allen Coulter in the great director category. He made sure everything was relaxed between the two actors ... even if it took some extra-naughty props to do it.
Step one was making the two stars feel comfortable. Coulter went to great lengths to make sure that the stars knew that they'd be alone and secure in their vulnerable state. "Alan was like, okay, no one's going to be in the room," de Ravin says. "We're going to be very respectful and all that."
Step two was making them laugh before getting down to it. "Allen took us into the bedroom and said, 'Look, I want to go over some ideas. Just tell me what you think,'" de Ravin says. "And we walked in and he's laid out on the bed -- like handcuffs and whips and masks and random things."
The joke broke any remaining tension. "It was quite hilarious," says de Ravin laughing. "It really lightened the mood. We just cracked up."
When it came to camera time, she was ready. "With any kind of scene, you just put yourself in the moment with that character," she says.
It's all in a day's work.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- 'Orphan Black' Declassified: EP Breaks Down Season 2 Premiere's Big Reveals
- Former ABC News Exec David Burke Dies at 78
- WonderCon: Disney Debuts 'Star Wars Rebels' Scene (Video)
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'