Tiger Woods' College Girlfriend Takes His Side
By Sam Brand Posted Mar 3rd 2010 06:08PM
Irene Folstrom writes on Golf.com. She dated Woods while an undergrad at Stanford in the mid '90s. Her essay of admiration, published Wednesday, offers the first supportive words for the embattled superstar delivered by a lover, former or current, since Woods crashed his Escalade on Nov. 27. And Folstrom isn't "coming forward now for money or to advance any pathetic showbiz aspirations," she writes. Of course, that's what Joslyn James said...
The 500 word reminiscence includes details of Folstrom and Tiger Woods' year and a half romance, which ended amicably when the golfer became a pro after his sophomore year and Folstrom decided to continue her studies.
"The speculation that he's being treated for sex addiction is surprising because we enjoyed a normal sexual relationship," the advocate for Native American causes writes.
Just about every aspect of the relationship appears normal.
Folstrom became close with Tiger's parents: "Earl often made me laugh so hard, my stomach muscles cramped." She and Tiger loved eating Chinese food, and they would drive down to Southern California and spend time on the beach.
"We would steal a bottle of whiskey from Earl or I'd use my fake ID to buy a jug of wine, and we'd hang out and dream about the future."
Normal college kids doing normal college things.
But Tiger wasn't normal. He never has been. He was hailed as the savior of an old man's sport before he hit puberty. He was blessed with tremendous athleticism, and perhaps an even more tremendous mind.
"Tiger had an ability to shut things out and compartmentalize his emotions," Folstrom writes. "Even back then he felt enormous pressure to be Tiger Woods."
"Maybe this was his form of escape."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston Pranks BBC Radio 1's Chris Stark, Pretends to Be Rude, Worst Interviewee Ever -- Watch
- Eva Mendes Breaks Silence About Pregnancy, Reveals Meaning Behind Baby Daughter Esmeralda Amada's Name
- Teresa Giudice's Favorite Restaurant? Fresco in Montclair, New Jersey
- Low Blow! Phaedra Parks Slams ?Elder'-ly & ?Unbecoming' Cynthia Bailey In Latest Round Of ?RHOA' Feud
- Blessed Union? Duggars Lobbying Tim Tebow's Mom To Set Him Up With Jana! Their Secret Meetings Revealed
- The Show Must Go On! Tori Spelling Says She Plans To Continue ‘True Tori’ Without Husband Dean McDermott
- 'Penguins of Madagascar' hatches light family fun
- 'Jurassic World' trailer debuts: Chris Pratt vs. hybrid dinos!
- Garth Brooks cancels talk show appearances after Ferguson 'unrest'