Naomi Campbell Wants to 'Move On' After Driver Bashing Accusation
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 4th 2010 09:23PM
Campbell's rep released a statement Thursday that highlights an apology from the other side of the media-aired dispute -- the driver who accused the catwalker of attacking him two days prior.
"I am pleased the driver has apologized," Campbell's statement reads. "I would like to put the last few days behind me and move on."
The rest of her carefully worded statement reads: "On Tuesday 2nd March, I was accused of unacceptable behaviour towards a driver in New York. I have worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings, and I will not be held hostage to my past. I try to treat everyone with respect."
Her statement came after driver Miodrag Mejdina's lawyer issued a statement in which the driver blamed himself for the "misunderstanding" with the supermodel, according to the New York Daily News.
"I had an argument with Naomi Campbell. I got angry and overreacted," Mejdina wrote. "I regret involving the police. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion and I apologize to Ms. Campbell for causing that to happen."
According to CNN, Mejdina called 911 on Tuesday and said that Campbell had struck him in the back of the neck causing him to hit his head on the steering wheel. The driver was taken to a local precinct for questioning and had a small bruise and swelling under his right eye.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall Jenner Just Landed Another Huge Gig: Find Out Which Brand Hired the Rising Model!
- Mike Nichols Mourned by Al Pacino After Death: "He Was the Greatest Director I Ever Worked With"
- Ryan Gosling Gets Restraining Order Against Stalker Who Believes She's His "Twin"
- Travis Alexander Never Loved Jodi Arias, Expert Testifies: Inside Their ?Below The Waist' Relationship
- Fame Over Friends: Money-Hungry Kardashians Have ‘Forgotten’ The Little People In Their Quest For Spotlight, Pals Claim
- Bill Cosby to remain trustee at Temple University
- Country singer Ty Herndon comes out as gay
- CBS news chairman Jeff Fager steps down, stays at '60 Minutes'