Naomi Campbell Wants to 'Move On' After Driver Bashing Accusation
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 4th 2010 09:23PM
Campbell's rep released a statement Thursday that highlights an apology from the other side of the media-aired dispute -- the driver who accused the catwalker of attacking him two days prior.
"I am pleased the driver has apologized," Campbell's statement reads. "I would like to put the last few days behind me and move on."
The rest of her carefully worded statement reads: "On Tuesday 2nd March, I was accused of unacceptable behaviour towards a driver in New York. I have worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings, and I will not be held hostage to my past. I try to treat everyone with respect."
Her statement came after driver Miodrag Mejdina's lawyer issued a statement in which the driver blamed himself for the "misunderstanding" with the supermodel, according to the New York Daily News.
"I had an argument with Naomi Campbell. I got angry and overreacted," Mejdina wrote. "I regret involving the police. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion and I apologize to Ms. Campbell for causing that to happen."
According to CNN, Mejdina called 911 on Tuesday and said that Campbell had struck him in the back of the neck causing him to hit his head on the steering wheel. The driver was taken to a local precinct for questioning and had a small bruise and swelling under his right eye.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers Was in "Good Spirits," Made Death Jokes During New York Performance Before Emergency Hospitalization: Details
- Beyonce's Dad Mathew Knowles Calls Solange Elevator Incident and Jay Z Divorce Rumors "All a Jedi Mind Trick"
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Through the Years: See the Married Stars in Mrs. and Mrs. Smith and on Red Carpets
- ?I Needed Help' ? Teen Mom's Catelynn Lowell Opens Up About Her Battle With Depression That Nearly Took Her Life ? ?I Felt Like I'd Be Better Off Dead'
- New Zack Morris: Unauthorized story 'a love letter' to Saved By The Bell
- Pregnant or burrito grande?
- Joan Rivers in intensive care, critical condition at hospital
- Editors' Obsessions: MAC's Simpsons Collection, Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Ice Cream & More!
- 8 Reasons It's Time to Let the Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston Feud Die
- Nicole Kidman Says She and Keith Urban Are ''Lucky'' They Met Late in Life: ''I've Been to Hell and Back''