Brett Favre Talks Retirement, 'Montana' on 'Leno'
By Sam Brand Posted Mar 5th 2010 05:00PM
Brett Favre. There's not much middle ground. The same could probably be said of Jay Leno. The two chatted on topics such as retirement, 'Pants on the Ground,' and New York City on Thursday night's 'Tonight Show.' But Favre didn't show up in L.A. just for the sit down. "We're out here to see 'Hannah Montana,'" the quarterback said. "No offense to you, but 'Hannah Montana' rules."
Favre refused to sing any of the Disney star's songs, but confirmed that he'd been to a 'Hannah Montana' show before.
This time, 10-year-old daughter Breleigh is dragging daddy to the show, and mom Deanna, her mom and sister, and the Favre's priest is coming along.
"That's why I never see you in the tabloids," Leno joked. "Most athletes, if they traveled with their priest and their mother-in-law, there would be no problem."
His is not the typical entourage for a professional athlete, but Favre has never been a typical sports star. He retired in 2008 after a celebrated two decade career with the Green Bay Packers, then suddenly signed on with the Jets at the start of the following season. In 2009, he retired again, apparently for good, but again accepted an offer to hit the turf, this time with longtime rivals the Minnesota Vikings. After a successful 2009 campaign, during which the 40-year-old led the Vikings to within one play of the Super Bowl, the star's future is again in question.
Favre didn't give any answers on Thursday.
"Well Jay, it's only been a month [since the season ended], and I know now that I'm just not going to say anything anytime soon. Just going to kind of sit back, relax, enjoy the off-season."
Relax, Brett, relax. It's not like there's a locker room full of teammates or a city full of fans waiting on you to make your decision.
Love him or hate him for it, Brett Favre plays for himself.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Guardians of the Galaxy Premiere
- Claim: Bill Clinton’s Sex Calls With Monica Lewinsky Intercepted & Used As Blackmail By Israeli Prime Minister
- Bethenny Frankel Happy To Exploit Women's ?Insecurities And Mental Illnesses ? For Pure Economic Gain,' Paulina Pinsky Says In Scathing Editorial
- Shania Twain's Las Vegas residency to end in December
- Robert Downey Jr. tops highest-paid actor list again
- Cops called on Justin Bieber six times in two days
- Octavia Spencer on Scrapped Murder, She Wrote Reboot: "Everything Happens for a Reason"
- Beyoncé Shares Photo of Herself as Rosie the Riveter—Check Out the Ultimate Feminist Photo!
- Dichen Lachman Is Engaged and Her Wedding Already Has Tons of Dollhouse Connections