'Amazing Race' Winners Ready to Tie the Knot
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 5th 2010 01:08PM
Whitney, 23, proposed to his 24-year-old girlfriend in San Diego over the weekend, PEOPLE reports.
"Other than 'what are you going to do with the $1 million,' the question that comes up the most is, 'when are you guys going to get married?' And I've been planning this since the 'Race' ended, so I've been like, 'I'm working on it! I'm working on it!'" he reveals.
Whitney popped the question with the help of Brides magazine. The bridal glossy appealed to the reality TV star after he fake-proposed to Rickey on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.'
"Brides magazine thought that I really did propose, so they emailed us the day later and asked if Meghan would like to pose for a wedding dress? I kind of intervened and said, 'Hey, would you like to work on the proposal? I have some ideas!' And they were super-helpful. I really did plan it since Dec. 10. For two-and-a-half months I have been planning this day!" he explains.
During their weekend trip to San Diego, Meghan opened the magazine to find a full page ad, asking her to marry Whitney.
"He told me he had some rings to show me in the magazine and I was like, 'Okay, that's kind of weird,' and he opened up the page and I saw my name first at the top and was like, 'What the heck?' And saw our picture at the bottom, and I just read it and I could not believe it," she describes.
"I was shocked. I was kind of confused at first, like, I just didn't know what was going on but once it hit me, I was in tears, and I was totally overwhelmed and shocked! It felt like I had won 'The Amazing Race!'" she adds.
'Entertainment Tonight' captured the moment on camera. "There were cameras hiding and it was all crazy. I didn't realize Cheyne had done all that work to make this happen," Rickey says.
The couple have not yet set a date.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jason Segel Plays Hilarious Game of Word Sneak With Jimmy Fallon: Watch!
- Mia Farrow Puts Lion-Killing Dentist's Address on Twitter, Faces Internet Backlash
- Britney Spears Showcases Her Flexibility, Does the Splits in Teeny Bikini -- See Her Hot Bod
- Kim Kardashian stars in bizarre new energy drink short film
- Amnesty International's legalized prostitution push turning off celeb supporters
- Ashley Monroe proves her point on 'The Blade'
- Britney Spears Does the Splits in Her Bikini While Hangin' in Hawaii—Take a Look!
- Cecil the Lion Mourned During Nat Geo Wild Event: "It's Our Responsibility to Do Everything We Can"
- Salma Hayek Blasts Donald Trump For Immigration Comments: I Won't Even Say His Name