Taylor Swift on How She Turns Heartbreak Into Hits
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 5th 2010 12:56PM
After a few early rejections, she's been riding high ever since her 2006 debut. Swift's latest album, 'Fearless,' was the biggest selling disc of 2009, a year that saw her profile raised by Grammys galore and a certain interruption by Kanye West.
In the latest issue of Elle, cover girl Swift dishes on a variety of topics, including childhood dreams, her analytical side, the use of heartbreak to fuel her creative process and some thoughts about a couple of hot young gentlemen.
On using her romantic relationships as a source for songwriting material: "I like to categorize the various levels of heartbreak. I've only had that happen once. A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums."
On who is her favorite hottie: "Um, well ...Taylor Lautner."
On being under the unblinking gaze of the media: "I've had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny. Like, if I go to a bar, even if I'm not drinking, who's to say that a source isn't going to say that I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing? So it's not only about your own moral compass, but the moral compasses of other people that you don't know."
On her childhood dreams to visit Nashville: "I just got it into my head that there was this magical place that I needed to go to because that was where dreams come true."
On inaccurate speculation that she is "Fearless": "I over-think everything. I over-analyze everything."
Read more about Taylor Swift in the current issue of 'Elle' magazine.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police
- Chris Brown pleads guilty to assault in Washington
- First photos from Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 6
- Gene Simmons talks about that time he won a Twist contest
- EW's ?Walking Dead' cover photographer reveals how to kill a zombie
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Wedding: New Details and Photos!
- Kim K Posts Stunning, Never-Before-Seen Wedding Photo
- Baby News! Carrie Underwood Is Pregnant
- Kristin Chenoweth Dyes Hair Brunette, Adds Extensions: See the Dramatic Makeover
- Piers Morgan Leaves CNN "to Try Pastures New," Announces Exit on Twitter
- Angelina Jolie Walked Down the Aisle to Brad Pitt Humming "Here Comes the Bride," Kids Picked Their Duties, Plus More Wedding Details