Taylor Swift on How She Turns Heartbreak Into Hits
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 5th 2010 12:56PM
After a few early rejections, she's been riding high ever since her 2006 debut. Swift's latest album, 'Fearless,' was the biggest selling disc of 2009, a year that saw her profile raised by Grammys galore and a certain interruption by Kanye West.
In the latest issue of Elle, cover girl Swift dishes on a variety of topics, including childhood dreams, her analytical side, the use of heartbreak to fuel her creative process and some thoughts about a couple of hot young gentlemen.
On using her romantic relationships as a source for songwriting material: "I like to categorize the various levels of heartbreak. I've only had that happen once. A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums."
On who is her favorite hottie: "Um, well ...Taylor Lautner."
On being under the unblinking gaze of the media: "I've had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny. Like, if I go to a bar, even if I'm not drinking, who's to say that a source isn't going to say that I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing? So it's not only about your own moral compass, but the moral compasses of other people that you don't know."
On her childhood dreams to visit Nashville: "I just got it into my head that there was this magical place that I needed to go to because that was where dreams come true."
On inaccurate speculation that she is "Fearless": "I over-think everything. I over-analyze everything."
Read more about Taylor Swift in the current issue of 'Elle' magazine.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82
- Extra Scoop: Watch Jason Momoa's Super Intense ?GoT' Audition Tape
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'