Taylor Swift on How She Turns Heartbreak Into Hits
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 5th 2010 12:56PM
After a few early rejections, she's been riding high ever since her 2006 debut. Swift's latest album, 'Fearless,' was the biggest selling disc of 2009, a year that saw her profile raised by Grammys galore and a certain interruption by Kanye West.
In the latest issue of Elle, cover girl Swift dishes on a variety of topics, including childhood dreams, her analytical side, the use of heartbreak to fuel her creative process and some thoughts about a couple of hot young gentlemen.
On using her romantic relationships as a source for songwriting material: "I like to categorize the various levels of heartbreak. I've only had that happen once. A letdown is worth a few songs. A heartbreak is worth a few albums."
On who is her favorite hottie: "Um, well ...Taylor Lautner."
On being under the unblinking gaze of the media: "I've had countless opportunities to do some really bad things. And then people start combing through everything I do trying to find the next mistake and misperception, which leads to more scrutiny. Like, if I go to a bar, even if I'm not drinking, who's to say that a source isn't going to say that I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing? So it's not only about your own moral compass, but the moral compasses of other people that you don't know."
On her childhood dreams to visit Nashville: "I just got it into my head that there was this magical place that I needed to go to because that was where dreams come true."
On inaccurate speculation that she is "Fearless": "I over-think everything. I over-analyze everything."
Read more about Taylor Swift in the current issue of 'Elle' magazine.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- Tom Hiddleston wrote an email to Joss Whedon and it's predictably charming
- Highlights from Daniel Radcliffe's first Comic-Con
- You're not making it through ?Sharknado 2? without our drinking game
- Jessica Alba Makes a Splash on the Cover of Maxim
- 'Insurgent' and 'Divergent' Sound Like Very Different Movies
- Video! Vin Diesel's Falsetto to Sam Smith's 'Stay with Me'