Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Jennifer Lawrence requests investigation after nude pics leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- 'The Maze Runner' Rules Revealed in New Featurette
- 'Foxcatcher': Steve Carell's Chilling Mission Statement Triggers a Chant in New Trailer
- Why We Won't See Screech's Suspenders in 'The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?