Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Duck Dynasty' triple threat: Robertsons hunt, sing, and act in Christmas special
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- Asia Pacific Screen Awards: Palestine's 'Omar' Wins Best Film
- Ari Folman to Write, Direct Animated 'Anne Frank' Film
- WestEnd Films Names New Head of International Sales
- ?The Sing-Off' react: B.Y.O.P(artyPuns).
- ?Nashville' midseason finale cliffhanger: Who died?
- ?Arrow' react: Ghosts of the past, a villain of the future
- A 'Bull Durham' Musical Is Opening in Atlanta
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Adds Robert Knepper as Antonius (Who?)
- Luke Evans Crows About 'The Crow' Remake