Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Conan' shows ratings momentum, beats other late night shows in key demo
- Review: Ben Affleck gives performance of career in twisted 'Gone Girl'
- Lecrae: I put faith in hip-hop
- TV Ratings: 'Black-ish' Falls, 'Stalker' Scares Up a Crowd
- How Betty Ford Helped Sell 'Maude' Into Syndication
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Renewed for Season 2 by Disney XD
- Professor X sure is a whiner in this X-Men supercut
- Will ?The Equalizer's success pressure Denzel into Neeson Season?
- Jeff Goldblum Stars In The Most Bizarre Ad for Light Bulbs You'll Ever See (VIDEO)
- Jude Law Searches For Sunken Nazi Treasure In 'Black Sea' Trailer (VIDEO)
- These Horror Movie Mistakes Will Haunt Your Dreams