Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper cuts off penis in suicide attempt, reattach fails, report says
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 17-year-old boy in 1999
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- How Long Will Tyler Perry's Break From Movies Last?
- Summer Box-Office Forecast: Studio-by-Studio Breakdown
- Cannes Fest Director Comments on 'Persona Non Grata' T-Shirt Lars von Trier Wore in Berlin
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Post-Credits Clip Teases 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- This Is the Reason 'Noah' Is Full of White People
- Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'