Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Schwimmer is set to play Robert Kardashian in new show
- Madonna gives her fans an "early Christmas gift"
- Report: Sony music bigwigs 'freaking out' their hefty salaries will be revealed
- Chinese Newspaper: 'The Interview' Shows Hollywood's "Senseless Cultural Arrogance"
- What Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert Said About 'The Interview' This Week
- 'Mr. Turner': What the Critics Are Saying
- Neil Patrick Harris Meets the Freaks in New 'AHS: Freak Show' (VIDEO)
- Kate Winslet is No Shrinking Violet in 'A Little Chaos' (VIDEO)
- Check Out This 'Star Wars' Christmas Light Show (VIDEO)