Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel marries for the fourth time in surprise wedding
- Bobby Brown performs in Atlanta, forgets lyrics and skips songs
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis secretly marry, report says
- Wimbledon: BBC Changes Highlights Show After Viewer Criticism
- U.K. Box Office: ‘Amy' Scores Biggest Opening for Homegrown Doc of All Time
- South Korean Actress, National Icon Kang Soo-yeon Named Busan Festival Co-Director
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- See 'Suicide Squad' Star Margot Robbie's Awesome Harley Quinn Birthday Cake
- Can You Match the TV Girlfriend to the Show?
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'