Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- 'Wimpy Kid' Director Tackling Sony's Christian the Lion Movie
- Sophia Loren Celebrating 80th Birthday With First-Ever Art Show
- Judge Rejects Lawsuit Over Alki David's CNN Interview on Michael Jackson Hologram
- 'OITNB' Star Laverne Cox to Host Transgender Documentary for MTV and Logo
- Rian Johnson Loves the Creative Freedom of 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'The Maze Runner,' 'The Guest,' 'Gotham,' & More (VIDEO)