Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Cannes: Inside the amfAR Gala With Kendall Jenner, Jourdan Dunn and Tom Ford
- Natalie Portman Presents LVMH Prize to Marques Almeida
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt Commencement Speech at NYU: "Yeah, You're F?ed"
- Good News: 'Game of Thrones' to Feature Non-Traumatizing Sex This Week
- See Awesome First Photos for 'Wet Hot American Summer' Prequel
- TLC Pulls '19 Kids and Counting' After Child Molestation Scandal