Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
- Burt Reynolds auctioning off items amid money woes
- What Allison Williams Learned About Flying From Her Famous 'Peter Pan' Alums
- Comedy Central India Back on Air Following Supreme Court Order
- 'The Imitation Game': What the Critics Are Saying
- Shia LaBeouf says he was raped during a performance-art project
- Your guide to holiday TV movies airing Thanksgiving weekend
- The 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Trailer Is Here - And It Is Amazing!
- 'Foxcatcher' Cast Comes Clean About Process, Character and Dealing With Darkness
- 33 Things on TV to Be Thankful for This Thanksgiving