Gabourey Sidibe, 'Precious' Dominate Indie Spirits
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 6th 2010 03:59AM
Okay, she might have been joking about that whole world domination thing. But 'Precious' did earn some serious hardware at the 25th Film Independent Spirit Awards -- winning best feature, best director, best first screenplay, best supporting female. And in the heartwarming win of the evening, Sidibe took took the best female lead trophy.
On the Indie stage, Sidibe had to calm down the standing ovation which erupted when her name was announced. "Stop, you're going to make me nervous," she urged the audience before going into her acceptance speech. It was one of many victories for the film two nights before the Oscars. Get the Full Story on the Spirits Over at Moviefone!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan's list of ex-lovers revealed, report claims
- High school students pay up to turn off Justin Bieber's music
- Alan Thicke to star in new reality show 'Unusually Thicke'
- Michael J. Fox Breaks Silence on NBC Show Struggles: 'I Don't Feel Angry'
- AFI Fest Announces 2014 Dates
- 'Tomorrow People' Stars Prep for Monday Move With Cheeky Promo (Video)
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Preview: Samuel L. Jackson Needs a Big Favor (EXCLUSIVE)
- Chris Pine Arrested, Charged With Drunk Driving
- Scarlett Johansson Is 'Really Impressed' by the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Script