John Hughes Oscar Tribute Reunites Key Members of the Brat Pack
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 09:36PM
The John Hughes tribute was one of the Oscars' most moving moments, reuniting key members of the Brat Pack that the late director's films made famous.
The tribute to the director, who died in August at the age of 59, began with Molly Ringwald and Matthew Broderick taking to the stage. Ringwald told the audience that at 16, "Hughes saw something in me that I didn't see in myself." Broderick continued that a day doesn't go by that someone doesn't tap him on the shoulder and ask "Hey Ferris, is this your day off?"
A moving montage followed, showing key sequences from comedies that Hughes had written and directed, including 'Sixteen Candles,' 'The Breakfast Club,' 'National Lampoon's Vacation,' 'Some Kind of Wonderful,' 'Pretty in Pink,' 'Home Alone' and 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles.' When the lights came up on the tribute, the real waterworks started.
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• Stylelist's Best Dressed List
• What a Dress: Miley Cyrus Oscar 2010 Stunner
Jon Cryer, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy, Macaulay Culkin and Judd Nelson -- all stars of Hughes' teen classics -- took to the stage to talk of their experiences with the director, before turning the attention to Hughes' family sitting in the audience. The family stood to thunderous applause.
Get More Oscars Coverage on Moviefone >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Ted Beniades, an Undercover Cop in 'Scarface,' Dies at 91
- 'Room 237's' Rodney Ascher Reveals His Favorite Horror Documentaries
- Jian Ghomeshi Scandal: New Details Emerge From Radio Host's Ex-Employer
- 'Grimm' Star Bitsie Tulloch Thinks These 5 Supernatural TV Dramas Are Totally Worth Watching
- 'Nightcrawler' Review: One of the Best Movies of the Year
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now