John Hughes Oscar Tribute Reunites Key Members of the Brat Pack
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 09:36PM
The John Hughes tribute was one of the Oscars' most moving moments, reuniting key members of the Brat Pack that the late director's films made famous.
The tribute to the director, who died in August at the age of 59, began with Molly Ringwald and Matthew Broderick taking to the stage. Ringwald told the audience that at 16, "Hughes saw something in me that I didn't see in myself." Broderick continued that a day doesn't go by that someone doesn't tap him on the shoulder and ask "Hey Ferris, is this your day off?"
A moving montage followed, showing key sequences from comedies that Hughes had written and directed, including 'Sixteen Candles,' 'The Breakfast Club,' 'National Lampoon's Vacation,' 'Some Kind of Wonderful,' 'Pretty in Pink,' 'Home Alone' and 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles.' When the lights came up on the tribute, the real waterworks started.
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• Stylelist's Best Dressed List
• What a Dress: Miley Cyrus Oscar 2010 Stunner
Jon Cryer, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy, Macaulay Culkin and Judd Nelson -- all stars of Hughes' teen classics -- took to the stage to talk of their experiences with the director, before turning the attention to Hughes' family sitting in the audience. The family stood to thunderous applause.
Get More Oscars Coverage on Moviefone >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Russell Wolfe, 'God's Not Dead' Actor and Producer, Dies at 50
- Tour The "Completely Safe" 'LEGO Jurassic World' In New Trailer
- Disney Not Moving Forward With 'Tron 3' (Exclusive)
- Mariah Carey: 'American Idol' Was 'Worst Experience of My Life' (She Got $18M for 1 Year)
- The 'Seinfeld' Cast: Then vs. Now
- New 'Game of Thrones' Spoilers on Final 3 Episodes: Be Excited, Be Afraid