Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young taking break from group due to illness
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- 'American Idol's' Caleb Johnson: Ryan Seacrest Has 'The Voice of an Angel'
- Oliver Stone Slams Chinese Film Industry at Beijing Festival
- Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing 17-Year-Old Boy in 1999
- Confessions from a ?Real World' open casting call
- ?Arrow' recap: It's not easy being green
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Post-Credits Clip Teases 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- This Is the Reason 'Noah' Is Full of White People
- Chloe Grace Moretz Officially Joins 'The 5th Wave'