Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers 'on the road to recovery' or on life support?
- Maria Shriver cheated on Arnold Schwarzenegger too, report says
- '24' movie still might happen after all
- How to Stay Sane During New York Fashion Week
- Toronto: Stars Power 15 Hottest Festival Titles
- Designers Dish, NYFW Spring 2015 Edition: Zac Posen
- EW's ?Walking Dead' cover photographer reveals how to kill a zombie
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 8 Stars Toronto Could Do Without at TIFF
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)