Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- U.K. TV Groups Rare, BabyGrand Launch Joint Venture
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Says Goodbye to 'Mean Girls' Actor
- Sony Pictures Television Takes Stake in Israeli Telenovela Channels
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores