Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Vice apologizes for suicide-themed fashion spread, removes it from website
- NBC Orders Animated Holiday Comedy From 'Simpsons' Writer
- Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
- Sarah Silverman, Aziz Ansari Headline JFL42 Festival in Toronto
- Kanye West ?Yeezus' lyric or Lucille Bluth quote? Take our quiz!
- Russell Brand outsmarts and out-funnys MSNBC's ?Morning Joe' crew ? VIDEO
- James Franco goes Indiegogo route for his planned ?Palo Alto' movies
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Russell Brand Asked Katy Perry for Divorce Via Text
- 'Man of Steel' Star Amy Adams: 'Perfect Isn't Normal, Nor Is It Interesting'
- Scott Disick Stars in Killer 'American Psycho' Promo for Kanye West's 'Yeezus'