Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Political correctness: Is Hollywood headed for a gloomy future?
- Stephen Collins denies he's a pedophile
- 'Real Housewife' Amber Marchese: Teresa Guidice preparing for prison
- Stephen Collins Claims He's Not A Pedophile, Blames "Distortion in My Thinking" For Sex Abuse
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,' 'Annie' and More
- AOL Launches Bid to Get HuffPost Live on Canadian TV
- Peter Jackson and Philippa Boyens on 'The Hobbit,' a Missing Elf, and What's Next (EXCLUSIVE)
- Best of Late Night TV: Orlando Bloom Wants 'Hobbit' Porno, Amy Adams Struggles at 'Holiday Flip Cup' (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Poses with Velociraptor in 'Jurassic World' Holiday Greeting