Kathryn Bigelow Makes History As First Female To Win Best Director
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 7th 2010 11:55PM
"Well, the time has come," said presenter Barbra Streisand and with that, 'Hurt Locker' director Kathryn Bigelow made history as the first female director in film history to win Best Director.
"There's no other way to describe this. It's the moment of a lifetime," said Bigelow, clearly stunned by the enormity of the moment. 'The Hurt Locker' was the night's big winner, with six awards overall, including Best Picture. See the Full List of Winners >>>
Bigelow had become the front runner over the lengthy awards season, leaping over her ex-husband James Cameron, who helmed 'Avatar.'
She dedicated her award to soldiers fighting around the world. "May they come home safe."
Get More Coverage:
• See Full List of Winners
• Red Carpet Photos
• Martin and Baldwin's Monologue
• The John Hughes Tribute
• Best Dressed | Worst Dressed
• Farrah Fawcett Missing From In Memoriam
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lady Gaga's charity spent $1.85 million on expenses in 2012, gave one $5,000 grant
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Your move Netflix: Four Amazon pilots get picked up
- Sony Animation Sets Slate: 'Smurfs', 'Transylvania 2,' More (Exclusive)
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley Wasn't Intimidated to Play Beloved Character (Video)
- Warner Bros. Licenses CW's 'The 100' Exclusively to Netflix Canada
- ?Bachelor' stars Juan Pablo and Nikki cover ?People': ?I didn't know Nikki. I want to know more, a lot more'
- Amy Poehler honors Julia Louis-Dreyfus at TV Academy event: ?Movies are dumb, and TV is awesome'
- Chris Pine Arrested, Charged With Drunk Driving
- Scarlett Johansson Is 'Really Impressed' by the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Script
- Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx Join Forces for 'The Black Phantom'