Betty White Says 'Yes' to 'Saturday Night Live'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 03:49PM
That's what the legendary Emmy winner told PEOPLE at the 18th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party, held last night in Los Angeles.
White remained tight-lipped on the full details of her appearance, but she did offer her thoughts on the Internet movement, which she called "wonderful."
Indeed, it's been a great year for the 88-year-old, who earned big laughs while accepting her SAG Lifetime Achievement award in January. She followed that with a surprise appearance in a Super Bowl commercial for Snickers (alongside 'Barney Miller's' Abe Vigoda, no less). Fans quickly took notice, and launched the now-famous campaign.
In recent weeks, there had been rumblings that White would co-host a "Women of Comedy" special episode alongside 'SNL' alums Tina Fey and Molly Shannon. Executive producer Lorne Michaels has since denied the reports.
White -- whose career has spanned multiple decades, with roles on such TV classics as 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and 'The Golden Girls' -- has never hosted 'Saturday Night Live.'
Watch the Girls on Pop chat about the Betty White phenomenon.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Is Officially a Soccer Mom: New North West Photos!
- Avril Lavigne Wants to Make Movies, Has a Pizza Named After Her: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Caitlyn Jenner's Conservative Views Concern Transgender Friends in New I Am Cait Sneak Peek: Watch
- Family feud in evidence at Bobbi Kristina funeral
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Zayn Malik Breaks His Silence on One Direction's New Single "Drag Me Down"
- Lance Bass Thanks Firefighters Who Helped "Save Our Neighborhood" After Flames Reach His Backyard—Watch!
- Carrie Underwood's Baby Boy Is the Ultimate Explorer While Hanging Out With Mike Fisher—See the Pic!