Betty White Says 'Yes' to 'Saturday Night Live'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 03:49PM
That's what the legendary Emmy winner told PEOPLE at the 18th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party, held last night in Los Angeles.
White remained tight-lipped on the full details of her appearance, but she did offer her thoughts on the Internet movement, which she called "wonderful."
Indeed, it's been a great year for the 88-year-old, who earned big laughs while accepting her SAG Lifetime Achievement award in January. She followed that with a surprise appearance in a Super Bowl commercial for Snickers (alongside 'Barney Miller's' Abe Vigoda, no less). Fans quickly took notice, and launched the now-famous campaign.
In recent weeks, there had been rumblings that White would co-host a "Women of Comedy" special episode alongside 'SNL' alums Tina Fey and Molly Shannon. Executive producer Lorne Michaels has since denied the reports.
White -- whose career has spanned multiple decades, with roles on such TV classics as 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and 'The Golden Girls' -- has never hosted 'Saturday Night Live.'
Watch the Girls on Pop chat about the Betty White phenomenon.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Crush Talks Selena Gomez's Diss, Kissing the Superstar
- Paul Walker's Cause of Death Released, Late Actor Secretly Bought Couple's $10,000 Engagement Ring: Wednesday's Top Stories
- Paul Walker Tribute: Fast and the Furious Films Show the Actor's Best Moments
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- Kim Kardashian Spotted Strolling (Literally) With Baby North West in New York City—Take a Look!
- Kellie Pickler Asks Bethenny Frankel What the Mile High Club Is, Talks About How She and Hubby Keep Things "Spicy"
- Paul Walker's Dad Reveals Eerie Last Conversation With His Son: I Told Him "Promise Me, No More Daredevil Stuff"