Betty White Says 'Yes' to 'Saturday Night Live'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 03:49PM
That's what the legendary Emmy winner told PEOPLE at the 18th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party, held last night in Los Angeles.
White remained tight-lipped on the full details of her appearance, but she did offer her thoughts on the Internet movement, which she called "wonderful."
Indeed, it's been a great year for the 88-year-old, who earned big laughs while accepting her SAG Lifetime Achievement award in January. She followed that with a surprise appearance in a Super Bowl commercial for Snickers (alongside 'Barney Miller's' Abe Vigoda, no less). Fans quickly took notice, and launched the now-famous campaign.
In recent weeks, there had been rumblings that White would co-host a "Women of Comedy" special episode alongside 'SNL' alums Tina Fey and Molly Shannon. Executive producer Lorne Michaels has since denied the reports.
White -- whose career has spanned multiple decades, with roles on such TV classics as 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and 'The Golden Girls' -- has never hosted 'Saturday Night Live.'
Watch the Girls on Pop chat about the Betty White phenomenon.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Adele's Long-Awaited Album Due Out in November, Songstress Working With Danger Mouse and Max Martin!
- MTV VMAs 2015: Performers, Presenters, and More Highlights to Expect
- Donald Trump Mocks Asians During Campaign Rally: "We Want Deal!"
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball