The Reason Behind George Clooney's Long Hair
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 8th 2010 07:10AM
George Clooney's hair so long? Who might be a bit jealous of Sandra Bullock's big win? What did Gerard Butler finally admit about Jennifer Aniston? The Naughty But Nice spies were out in full force on Oscar night, and we've got all the answers. All of the scoop after the jump!
George's Gal Behind His Long Locks
The most talked about hair at the Oscars didn't belong to Sandra Bullock or Jennifer Lopez (though Sarah Jessica Parker's was crazy!), but rather the most unlikely suspect: George Clooney.
"Everyone was talking about it," a red carpet source tells me about the long-haired 'Up in the Air' nominee, and what they were saying was not so nice.
"No one likes it except for his Italian girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis. She's the one who suggested he grow it. She thinks it makes him looks more European and less American."
Big mistake, Miss Canalis. We love our George just the way he is, with his superhero 'do. If you want your boyfriend to look more European, date Fabio!
Sources tell me after Sandra Bullock won the award for Best Actress and was whisked backstage to do hours of press, Meryl Streep -- whom Sandra defeated -- grabbed Sandra's husband Jesse James to pass on her congratulations.
"Jesse was sitting by himself after his wife exited stage right with her Oscar and Meryl couldn't wait to go over and scream well done."
And although it took Meryl literally seconds to say congratulations, sources tell me Sandra shouldn't hold her breath to hear kudos from Julia Roberts.
"Julia has always seen Sandra as someone in her shadow. This win is going to kill Julia."
Now, now, ladies -- Hollywood is big enough for two pretty women!
Want everything Oscars? Full winners coverage at Moviefone and check out StyleList's Best Dressed!
Jen's Ex Makes Gerard Butler Come Clean
Bradley Cooper, who was once linked to Jennifer Aniston, made her current rumored fling Gerard Butler feel so uncomfortable, the '300' star finally spilled the beans about exactly what was going on between him and America's sweetheart.
"Gerard admitted to several sources that there was a lots of smoke between Jen and himself, but no fire," a backstage source tells me. "It's impossible to keep everyone guessing when you are standing next to a man who had really dated Jen."
Well, thank you detective Cooper for getting to the bottom of this mystery! Now we just need a few clues as to why you didn't attend the awards with Renee Zellweger?
Deep Reason for Mo'Nique's Fashion Choice
Last night, Mo'Nique proved she is a woman of action not just words.
Sources tell me: "Monique was wearing a gardenia in her hair and a Royal Blue dress on purpose. That was what Hattie McDaniel wore when she became the first black woman to win the Oscar in 1939, and she did the same to honor her despite stylists telling her other colors were more fashionable."
Good choice, Monique, for picking something that never goes out of fashion -- respecting what came before you.
Brad Pitt Passes on Oscars to Babysit
Insiders tell me that the producers of this year's Oscars tried everything they could to get Brad Pitt to present, but the dad of six instead chose to stay in Venice and babysit his brood while Angelina Jolie continued to shoot her new film with Johnny Depp.
"Brad is one of the biggest movie stars in the world. Of course they would have loved to have him as part of the show. However, nothing they could offer him compared to sending time with his kids."!
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Style -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- George Clooney
MORE ABOUT George Clooney
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about George Clooney Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Orange Is the New Black Writer Divorces Husband, Dates Samira Wiley; Django Star Daniele Watts Handcuffed After Kissing Husband: Top Stories
- Toronto International Film Festival Standout Films, Performances
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Recap: Who Told Amber Marchese to "Shut Up"?
- Will Smith Arrives At Showtime’s VIP Prefight Party For “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ At The MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Fans Slam Vicki Gunvalson After She Continues Defending Boyfriend Brooks Ayers' Sleazy Behavior: ?You Need To Take The Blindfolds Off!’ Says One Follower
- Country star Lynn Anderson charged with DUI
- 'No Good Deed' tops 'Dolphin Tale 2' in box office weekend
- Statue of late singer Amy Winehouse unveiled in London
- Head Miss America Judge Kathy Ireland Steals the Show With No Shoes
- Gwen Stefani Celebrates Wedding Anniversary to Gavin Rossdale With Precious Throwback Pic—Take a Look!
- Daniel Bryan Needs Major Surgery, Trinity and Ariane Breakup and Much More—See the Full Total Divas Recap!