Marie Osmond Lays Son to Rest With Words of Thanks
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 08:02PM
In attendance were Marie's brother Donny, and Michael's biological mother Marie, PEOPLE reports.
"I'd just like to say thank you to everybody. As you see I have amazing support from great men, my family, my brothers. God was very wise when he put me into a family with honorable men because they have served as examples for my children," Marie said, although she hadn't planned on speaking.
"I'm so proud of each and every one of you," she added of her children. "I'm proud of my son and I honor his birth mother who's here today, who gave me the greatest gift. Thank you for those beautiful 18 years."
Blosil committed suicide in late February. He was adopted while Osmond was married to her ex-husband, Brian Blosil.
Donny Osmond performed the invocation at the funeral. "Bless my sister. Bless my sister and her family. May she feel my love and my comfort," he said through tears.
Michael's siblings also spoke fondly of their brother.
"Michael never forgot my birthday. That's a big deal in a family that's as big as mine! ... The house was more fun when he was home. We had dance competitions to Miley Cyrus songs. He would make up words and sing along. We'd have whipped cream fights in the kitchen," 12-year-old Brianna remembered.
His 17-year-old sister Rachael described what was going through her mind. "All I had in my mind were questions, most beginning with what if, what if I had done this, what if I had done that, I shouldn't have done this, I should have done that. We always thought he was going to get married first and have kids. We wanted to go to school together next year."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Laverne Cox Got a Christmas Card From Beyonce, Almost Couldn't Handle It
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- Ray Rice and Future Wife Janay Palmer Kissed While in Handcuffs in Aftermath of Elevator Fight: New Surveillance Footage Released
- The Duck Dynasty Family Christmas Card Is Here and the Robertsons All Have Dancing With the Stars Fever!
- ''No F--ks Given:'' Woman Defies Parking Enforcement, Drives Off With Boot on Her Car—Watch!