Marie Osmond Lays Son to Rest With Words of Thanks
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 08:02PM
In attendance were Marie's brother Donny, and Michael's biological mother Marie, PEOPLE reports.
"I'd just like to say thank you to everybody. As you see I have amazing support from great men, my family, my brothers. God was very wise when he put me into a family with honorable men because they have served as examples for my children," Marie said, although she hadn't planned on speaking.
"I'm so proud of each and every one of you," she added of her children. "I'm proud of my son and I honor his birth mother who's here today, who gave me the greatest gift. Thank you for those beautiful 18 years."
Blosil committed suicide in late February. He was adopted while Osmond was married to her ex-husband, Brian Blosil.
Donny Osmond performed the invocation at the funeral. "Bless my sister. Bless my sister and her family. May she feel my love and my comfort," he said through tears.
Michael's siblings also spoke fondly of their brother.
"Michael never forgot my birthday. That's a big deal in a family that's as big as mine! ... The house was more fun when he was home. We had dance competitions to Miley Cyrus songs. He would make up words and sing along. We'd have whipped cream fights in the kitchen," 12-year-old Brianna remembered.
His 17-year-old sister Rachael described what was going through her mind. "All I had in my mind were questions, most beginning with what if, what if I had done this, what if I had done that, I shouldn't have done this, I should have done that. We always thought he was going to get married first and have kids. We wanted to go to school together next year."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katharine McPhee, Husband Nick Cokas "Working on Their Marrage" After Her Fling With Married Director
- Andi Dorfman Named New Bachelorette: "I Feel All In"
- Justin Bieber Dirty Dances With Selena Gomez in Instagram Video -- Then Deletes It!
- Brandi Glanville: I’ll Take A Lie Detector Test To Prove Lisa Vanderpump Wanted To Pack The Tabloids
- Comeback kid: Lyn Christopher owes album reissue to rappers sampling her song sans permission
- Robin Thicke gives advice on love following split from Paula Patton
- Justin Bieber dedicates song to 'baby girl' Selena Gomez at surprise SXSW performance
- Degrassi Sneak Peek: Watch the Shocking Fallout From Zoë's Assault in the Episode Deemed Too "Sensitive"
- Jennifer Lopez Talks Love, Happiness & Aging in Hollywood in April Issue of InStyle
- Chelsea Handler Talks Big Boobs With Minnie Driver: "They're a Pain in the Ass"—Watch Now!