Marie Osmond Lays Son to Rest With Words of Thanks
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 8th 2010 08:02PM
In attendance were Marie's brother Donny, and Michael's biological mother Marie, PEOPLE reports.
"I'd just like to say thank you to everybody. As you see I have amazing support from great men, my family, my brothers. God was very wise when he put me into a family with honorable men because they have served as examples for my children," Marie said, although she hadn't planned on speaking.
"I'm so proud of each and every one of you," she added of her children. "I'm proud of my son and I honor his birth mother who's here today, who gave me the greatest gift. Thank you for those beautiful 18 years."
Blosil committed suicide in late February. He was adopted while Osmond was married to her ex-husband, Brian Blosil.
Donny Osmond performed the invocation at the funeral. "Bless my sister. Bless my sister and her family. May she feel my love and my comfort," he said through tears.
Michael's siblings also spoke fondly of their brother.
"Michael never forgot my birthday. That's a big deal in a family that's as big as mine! ... The house was more fun when he was home. We had dance competitions to Miley Cyrus songs. He would make up words and sing along. We'd have whipped cream fights in the kitchen," 12-year-old Brianna remembered.
His 17-year-old sister Rachael described what was going through her mind. "All I had in my mind were questions, most beginning with what if, what if I had done this, what if I had done that, I shouldn't have done this, I should have done that. We always thought he was going to get married first and have kids. We wanted to go to school together next year."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bella Thorne: I'm Bigger Now That I Exercise Everyday
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Admits She "Cries Herself to Sleep" Over His Issues
- Batkid Begins Documentary Trailer Shares Behind-the-Scenes Look at Miles Scott: Watch Now!
- Foxy Knoxy Doomed? Amanda Knox Prosecutor Confirms Her Alleged Links To Cocaine Dealers, Weeks After Radar's Report
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Jessie J's New Single "Bang Bang" With Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Leaks—Listen Now!
- Kiefer Sutherland Responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s "Unprofessional" Diss, Says He ''Enjoyed'' Working Together
- We Had a Dance Party With the Orphan Black Cast at Comic-Con and You Should Totally Be Jealous