15 New Famous Foods for (Hungry) Modern Audiences
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 9th 2010 09:20AM
Oysters Kid Rock
Rockefeller has become a descriptor, not a person. We need a fresh face behind the dish formerly known as Oysters Rockefeller. How about... Kid Rock?
After the jump, Lady Gaga Fingers, Bananas Jodie Foster, Heath Ledger Bar and the rest.
Once named after a Pope called Benedict, we'd rechristen this breakfast delight to channel the star of that marathon film about Che Guevara.
Lady Gaga Fingers
Her music has already made enough money to retire Akon. Why not ice the cake with a Gagalicious dessert?
While it's critical to keep the Great Re-naming as of-the-moment as possible, part of this exercise involves sorting through celebrities of yore and deeming who's worthy of being canonized in cuisine. Alf has returned to our hearts via Twitter, so why not shorten up the whole "Alfredo" bit and make this dish his?
From Victoria's Secret model to talk-show host to dessert. Bing, bang, boom.
Bloody (Mariah) Carey
This Bloody Mary reboot rhymes and gives us instant LOLs in memory of Mariah's drunken speech at the Palm Springs Film Festival. (We're all about the LOLs.)
Bananas Jodie Foster
The original Bananas Foster was named after a loyal customer to a New Orleans restaurant. Let's give Agent Clarice Starling her culinary due, shall we?
Heath Ledger Bar
What better way to remember one of the finest actors of our time than with one of the tastiest candy bars of our time?
We'd like to commemorate Jeff Bridge's Oscar win by giving this soda a shot of Lebowski.
If we're going to propose branding fruit with Hollywood heroes, we're going to start with our fearless new Captain Kirk.
Alec Baldwin Apple
Wikipedia tells us the Baldwin apple was named after a Revolutionary War commander. We'd prefer to canonize '30 Rock' every time we chomp into one of these suckers.
Dax Shepard's Pie
Tell your family it's just plain old shepherd's pie, then TOTALLY PUNK THEM with the updated name.
General Moe's Chicken
'The Simpsons' has been on for a hundred years. Give it a dang food. No one knows who General Tso is, anyway.
Ruben Studdard Sandwich
If 'American Idol' can't permeate this food re-naming madness, all is lost.
Sure, Will Arnett's brilliant 'Arrested Development' character is supposed to rhyme with "robe," but it gets hilariously mispronounced enough to give him the keys to the Cobb salad re-naming.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Celestial Pictures, Robert Rodriguez's El Rey Network Ink Deal for Shaw Brothers Classics
- China Box Office: Local Title 'Continent' Bows at $47 Million as 'Transformers' Exits on $317 Million High
- Kiefer Sutherland's Rep Responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s '24' Claims
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'