ABC Bouncing Barbara Walters for Jimmy Kimmel?
Jimmy Kimmel to Replace Walters on Oscar Special
ABC executives are looking very closely at Jimmy Kimmel to fill Barbara Walters' shoes for hosting its annual Oscar Special.
Jimmy's post-Oscar show was indeed hilarious, so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be just as good before the ceremony starts. However, sources at ABC tell me it's not a done deal yet.
So Jimmy, you have time to practice getting your guests to cry before you fill Babs' Jimmy Choo's.
'Precious' Gabby Told to Lose Weight?
Gabby Sidibe is one of Hollywood's rising stars after being nominated for best actress along with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock at this year's Academy Awards. However, several industry insiders tell me she is going to have to lose weight if she wants to rise any higher.
"I'm not saying it's correct, but it's a simple fact that she will have to lose a lot of weight if she wants to keep getting parts," one casting director told me. "The same thing happened to Nikki Blonsky from 'Hairspray.' Everyone said how great she was, and she hasn't worked since."
And although friends of Gabby say she hasn't felt any pressure, they also note that parts aren't exactly flying in either. Shame on you, Hollywood!
From Dress Disaster to Best Dressed
What celebrity was set to hit the biggest red carpet of the year when her custom-made dress (so A-List) showed up and the designer had mixed up the measurements? None other than Lara Spencer, host of 'The Insider.'
While many others stars (who shall remain anonymous) would have had an only-in-Hollywood-style meltdown, Lara simply hit the phones and turned lemons into Robert Rodriquez lemonade.
"Everything happens for a reason! It turned out to be the perfect dress for a perfect night," Lara told me. "I didn't have time to overthink it, and sometimes, that works out the best. The gold Robert Rodriguez gown and Neil Lane vintage gold bracelets and ring worked out perfectly. It was just right for the golden night of entertainment."
We totally agree.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Serial Podcast Mocked in Funny or Die Parody: Host Sarah Koenig Unravels in Search for True Killer
- Stephen Collins Admits Sexual Abuse to Katie Couric: "I'm a Flawed Person"
- Bachelor Chris Soules to Ride Alongside Franchise Stars Including Trista Sutter on Rose Parade Float: Details!
- Larry King grills Willie Robertson on his views on homosexuality
- Jason Segel reveals his worst nightmare
- Stephen Collins on molestation scandal: 'I'm a human being with flaws'
- Maria Menounos Goes Inside YouTube's Official Movie Making Studio—Find Out Why Ron Howard and Brian Grazer Are Interested!
- Ben McKenzie Reveals Biggest Dating Regrets, Admits to Using "Pink, Fluffy" Handcuffs With an Ex
- Hold On, Smash Is Coming Back in the Best Possible Way?!