ABC Bouncing Barbara Walters for Jimmy Kimmel?
Jimmy Kimmel to Replace Walters on Oscar Special
ABC executives are looking very closely at Jimmy Kimmel to fill Barbara Walters' shoes for hosting its annual Oscar Special.
Jimmy's post-Oscar show was indeed hilarious, so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be just as good before the ceremony starts. However, sources at ABC tell me it's not a done deal yet.
So Jimmy, you have time to practice getting your guests to cry before you fill Babs' Jimmy Choo's.
'Precious' Gabby Told to Lose Weight?
Gabby Sidibe is one of Hollywood's rising stars after being nominated for best actress along with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock at this year's Academy Awards. However, several industry insiders tell me she is going to have to lose weight if she wants to rise any higher.
"I'm not saying it's correct, but it's a simple fact that she will have to lose a lot of weight if she wants to keep getting parts," one casting director told me. "The same thing happened to Nikki Blonsky from 'Hairspray.' Everyone said how great she was, and she hasn't worked since."
And although friends of Gabby say she hasn't felt any pressure, they also note that parts aren't exactly flying in either. Shame on you, Hollywood!
From Dress Disaster to Best Dressed
What celebrity was set to hit the biggest red carpet of the year when her custom-made dress (so A-List) showed up and the designer had mixed up the measurements? None other than Lara Spencer, host of 'The Insider.'
While many others stars (who shall remain anonymous) would have had an only-in-Hollywood-style meltdown, Lara simply hit the phones and turned lemons into Robert Rodriquez lemonade.
"Everything happens for a reason! It turned out to be the perfect dress for a perfect night," Lara told me. "I didn't have time to overthink it, and sometimes, that works out the best. The gold Robert Rodriguez gown and Neil Lane vintage gold bracelets and ring worked out perfectly. It was just right for the golden night of entertainment."
We totally agree.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Looks Skinny In Sweet Birthday Photo With Husband Eric Johnson -- See the Pic!
- Bill Murray Dances to "Turn Down for What," Lets Loose After Dinner Party
- Jerry Seinfeld Reveals Joan Rivers Was to be Lead Guest on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, "She Was One of the Greats"
- Bye Bye Brisbane! Kim Kardashian, Kanye West & North Depart Australia, Headed Back To The States
- Brooks Ayers Says Incidents He Admitted To On Tape — Of Cheating & Aggression Toward Vicki Gunvalson — Occurred ‘Several Years Ago’
- Matt Damon to return to Jason Bourne franchise?
- 'Real Housewives' star Aviva Drescher accused of trying to extort artist
- Danielle Fishel: As a child star 'my curfew was 10 p.m.'
- August Alsina Collapses Off Stage During New York Concert—See the Scary Clip
- Ranking the Awkwardness on the Dancing with the Stars Premiere: What Made Us Cringe the Most?
- Sarah Palin Goes Makeup-Free—and Kinda, Sorta Gives the Finger—After Family Is Involved in Drunken Fight