ABC Bouncing Barbara Walters for Jimmy Kimmel?
Jimmy Kimmel to Replace Walters on Oscar Special
ABC executives are looking very closely at Jimmy Kimmel to fill Barbara Walters' shoes for hosting its annual Oscar Special.
Jimmy's post-Oscar show was indeed hilarious, so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be just as good before the ceremony starts. However, sources at ABC tell me it's not a done deal yet.
So Jimmy, you have time to practice getting your guests to cry before you fill Babs' Jimmy Choo's.
'Precious' Gabby Told to Lose Weight?
Gabby Sidibe is one of Hollywood's rising stars after being nominated for best actress along with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock at this year's Academy Awards. However, several industry insiders tell me she is going to have to lose weight if she wants to rise any higher.
"I'm not saying it's correct, but it's a simple fact that she will have to lose a lot of weight if she wants to keep getting parts," one casting director told me. "The same thing happened to Nikki Blonsky from 'Hairspray.' Everyone said how great she was, and she hasn't worked since."
And although friends of Gabby say she hasn't felt any pressure, they also note that parts aren't exactly flying in either. Shame on you, Hollywood!
From Dress Disaster to Best Dressed
What celebrity was set to hit the biggest red carpet of the year when her custom-made dress (so A-List) showed up and the designer had mixed up the measurements? None other than Lara Spencer, host of 'The Insider.'
While many others stars (who shall remain anonymous) would have had an only-in-Hollywood-style meltdown, Lara simply hit the phones and turned lemons into Robert Rodriquez lemonade.
"Everything happens for a reason! It turned out to be the perfect dress for a perfect night," Lara told me. "I didn't have time to overthink it, and sometimes, that works out the best. The gold Robert Rodriguez gown and Neil Lane vintage gold bracelets and ring worked out perfectly. It was just right for the golden night of entertainment."
We totally agree.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Holly Madison Debuts New Red Hair: "I'm Tired of Looking the Same"
- Princess Diana Once Tricked Oprah Winfrey Into Eating Fatty Dish While She Ate a Healthier Version
- Andrew Garfield and Batkid's Oscars Segment Drama, Khloe Kardashian Buys Justin Bieber's House: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Miley Cyrus blasts Katy Perry over kiss diss
- Isaiah Washington returning to ?Grey's Anatomy' seven years after controversial departure
- Bob Costas didn't get pink eye from bad Botox, NBC insists
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Teen Wolf, The Good Wife, Suits, Two and a Half Men and More!
- Jessica Simpson Shares Pics of Maxwell and Ace Knute, The "Most Beautiful" Kids in the World!
- Miley Cyrus Caresses Her Face and Rubs Her Thighs With Hand of Adonis Dildo—See the Pics!