Lindsay Lohan Reportedly Suing E-Trade for Ad
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 9th 2010 08:03AM
The NY Post reports. Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, told the newspaper that the actress has the same single-name recognition as Oprah or Madonna. "Many celebrities are known by one name only, and E-Trade is using that knowledge to profit," Ovadia said.
The actress filed a lawsuit yesterday in Nassau County Supreme Court over the commercial, which debuted during the Super Bowl this year. PopEater reached out to E-Trade,
Reached for comment, E-Trade tells PopEater they are refraining from commenting until they can review Lohan's complaint.
In the ad, a baby boy apologizes to his girlfriend via video chat for not calling her the night before. The suspicious girlfriend asks, "And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn't over?"
"Lindsay?" the boy replies, just before a baby girl sticks her head into the frame and slurs, "Milk-a-what?" Watch:
"They used the name Lindsay," Ovadia said. "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."
According to the NY Post, Ovadia said, "E-Trade has violated Lohan's rights under New York state civil-rights law and used her 'name and characterization' in business without paying her or getting her approval."
Ovadia wants to force the spot off the air, claiming Lohan is owed $50 million in exemplary damages and another $50 million in compensatory damages.
Lindsay Lohan Snapshots
U.S actress Lindsay Lohan poses prior to attending the German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld's Fall-Winter 2010-2011 ready-to-wear collection for Chanel fashion house, in Paris Tuesday March 9, 2010. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6 Finale Recap: Teresa vs. Teresa Showdown!
- One Tree Hill Cast Reunites; Candice Accola Marries Joe King: Top Weekend Stories
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Expecting First Child: "It's Incredible"
- Jessa Duggar’s Future Father-In-Law Defends Her Abortion Comments, Calls Her Critics ‘Hitler’s Doppelgangers’
- Family Feud: Leah & Jeremy’s Moms Duke It Out Online!
- Dwayne Johnson Attends The Japan Premiere Of ‘Hercules’ At The Toho Cinemas
- 'Buffy' star Nicolas Brendon arrested after hotel disturbance
- 'Fury' starring Brad Pitt wins the box office weekend race
- Ice-T likens 'Law & Order' to robbing a bank