Talking Tunes, Lady Gaga and More With Animal
By Mike Hess Posted Mar 10th 2010 04:56PM
Here at PopEater, we are lucky enough from time to time to rub elbows and chat with celebrities of all ilk. While every person has their favorite interview or run-in, this one is certainly up there... as we got the chance to talk with Animal. You know, the most punk rock Muppet of all, who mans the drum kit for the Electric Mayhem band. The wild little red guy is the feature of an amazing new iPhone app that lets him rock out to your tunes or custom songs... so we decided to get into his tiny brain (we're not saying he's dumb... just tiny) and even got video of him tearing it up to 'Bohemian Rhapsody,' Animal style. Watch the video below, and read what Animal thinks about Lady Gaga and if drummers really get all the girls after the jump!
Like many great Rock & Roll drummers, Animal is inscrutably monosyllabic. To interpret Animal's answers, his Electric Mayhem bandmate Floyd Pepper graciously provided a brief translation and elucidation to Animals wise musings.
When people download this iPhone app, what's your favorite song for them to request you to play?
Animal: Loud! Loud!
Floyd: To Animal, every song is like a new born child -- loud, messy and keepin' you up all night. But if he had to pick a tune or two from his app, it'd be either 'Blues for Bunny' and "A Pickled Pagoda.'
So is it true that the drummer is the one who gets all the girls?
Animal: Woman! Woman!
Floyd: Oh yeah.
What do you think of Lady Gaga? Cool or weird?
Animal: GAGA! GAGA!
Floyd: For Animal, there can be no cool without weird and no weird without cool! After all, isn't a drum without drumsticks merely a hollow coffee table with wobbly legs? You dig? Lady Gaga has her thing goin' on, and Animal salutes her for keepin' it real, cool and weird.
Best drummer of all time (besides yourself, of course)?
Animal: Buddy? Keith? Ringo?...OGGIE!
Floyd: Tough question. Animal is a big fan of Buddy Rich, of Keith Moon of The Who, of Ringo of the you-know-who, but above all stands his first drum teacher, Oggie Paradiddle, the guy who taught Animal how to beat a drum senseless. And it's been senseless ever since.
To treat yourself to the brilliant ridiculousness that is Animal's iPhone app, click here and get ready to rock.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paula Patton on 'becoming an adult' after Robin Thicke split
- Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Russell Crowe: Michael Jackson prank called me for three years
- Report: Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Rushed to Hospital After 911 Call
- Exclusive! Joe Giudice Describes Teresa's Life in Prison and More
- Go Gold! Get Rumer Willis' ?Dancing with the Stars' Sexy Samba Beauty Look!
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion Recap: Lisa Vanderpump, Brandi Glanville Butt Heads in Part 1
- Behati Prinsloo Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction, Flashes Her Bare Butt ? See the Photo!
- Tracy Morgan Still Using Cane to Walk Almost Year After Tragic Car Accident ? See the Recent Pic