The Price Is Really Right: Bob Barker Donates $2.5 Million to PETA
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Mar 10th 2010 01:32PM
Now, the Associated Press reports that Barker has donated $2.5 million to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to help open a new location in Los Angeles.
He will have the honor of cutting the ribbon at the newly-named Bob Barker Building on Wednesday.
Barker's money will go towards a complete renovation of the building, which will be used as the center for PETA's media, marketing, youth outreach and campaign departments.
The President of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, joked that Barker could have simply donated a refrigerator, but he went way beyond the gift of a household appliance.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ashley Parker Angel Poses in Underwear for Sexy Modeling Shoot: Photos
- Tom Hiddleston Sent Charming Email to Director Joss Whedon After Reading The Avengers Script: Read His Letter
- Heidi Klum Goes Topless, Zac Posen Covers Her Breasts With His Hands
- ?I've Never Seen Someone Throw A Leg,' Jimmy Fallon Tells Andy Cohen Of Aviva Drescher's Leg Toss
- Emma Kate To Perform ?Neon Yellow Hearts' At The Bitter End In New York
- Kelly Osbourne sued for allegedly trashing Los Angeles home
- Blake Shelton plays free concert in Atlantic City
- ?Big Bang Theory' cast will likely win wage dispute with CBS, insider says
- Heidi Klum Goes Topless, Lets Designer Pal Zac Posen Cover Her Breasts—See the Pic!
- The Vampire Diaries Fans Are Freaking Out About Ian Somerhalder's Love Life on the Show—So We Got Some Answers
- Julia Roberts Plays "Face Balls" With Jimmy Fallon, Is "Better Handling Big Balls"—Watch Now!