The Price Is Really Right: Bob Barker Donates $2.5 Million to PETA
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Mar 10th 2010 01:32PM
Now, the Associated Press reports that Barker has donated $2.5 million to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to help open a new location in Los Angeles.
He will have the honor of cutting the ribbon at the newly-named Bob Barker Building on Wednesday.
Barker's money will go towards a complete renovation of the building, which will be used as the center for PETA's media, marketing, youth outreach and campaign departments.
The President of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, joked that Barker could have simply donated a refrigerator, but he went way beyond the gift of a household appliance.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby Under Police Investigation Amid Rape Allegations, More Women Claim Abuse: Report
- Ben McKenzie Admits to Using Handcuffs in Bed With a Woman, Talks Dating Regrets
- Will The Interview Ever Be Released? Sony Pictures Posts New Seth Rogen, James Franco Trailer
- Paramount won't let theaters screen 'Team America: World Police"
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- This First Look at Neil Patrick Harris' Creepy American Horror Story: Freak Show Character Is Terrifying
- Shahs of Sunset's Lilly Ghalichi Calls Off Engagement: "I Know That Every Ending Is a New Beginning"
- Angelina Jolie "Out of Her Mind" Over Cleopatra Film, Scott Rudin Wrote Amy Pascal: Latest Round of Leaked Sony Emails