The Price Is Really Right: Bob Barker Donates $2.5 Million to PETA
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Mar 10th 2010 01:32PM
Now, the Associated Press reports that Barker has donated $2.5 million to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to help open a new location in Los Angeles.
He will have the honor of cutting the ribbon at the newly-named Bob Barker Building on Wednesday.
Barker's money will go towards a complete renovation of the building, which will be used as the center for PETA's media, marketing, youth outreach and campaign departments.
The President of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, joked that Barker could have simply donated a refrigerator, but he went way beyond the gift of a household appliance.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson