The Price Is Really Right: Bob Barker Donates $2.5 Million to PETA
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Mar 10th 2010 01:32PM
Now, the Associated Press reports that Barker has donated $2.5 million to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to help open a new location in Los Angeles.
He will have the honor of cutting the ribbon at the newly-named Bob Barker Building on Wednesday.
Barker's money will go towards a complete renovation of the building, which will be used as the center for PETA's media, marketing, youth outreach and campaign departments.
The President of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, joked that Barker could have simply donated a refrigerator, but he went way beyond the gift of a household appliance.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Lively Meets With Survivors of Sex Trafficking: "Not Everybody Is Free"
- Patrick Dempsey's Wife Filed For Divorce First, Is Seeking Spousal Support and Joint Custody of Kids -- Get All the Details
- Dianne Wiest, Two-Time Oscar Winner: I'm Having Trouble Finding Work to Pay My Rent
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Report: NBC News renews Savannah Guthrie's ?Today' contract
- Lupita Nyong'o and Jared Leto Dance Together, Look ''Flirty'' at SAG Awards After Party: All the Details!
- Rashida Jones Explains to Reporter Why She Looked So "Tan" at the SAG Awards: "I'm Ethnic"
- Cara Delevingne Almost Licks Kim Kardashian on Sexy Cover of Love Magazine—See the Close-Up Shot!