'Epidemic' of Prescription Drug Abuse in Hollywood
Prescription Abuse in Hollywood
The tragic death of Corey Haim at only 38 years old has many Hollywood insiders and doctors worried about the number of stars that regularly abuse prescription medication.
"This is definitely an epidemic," Dr. Eric Braverman, founder of PATH Medical Center, tells me. "So many famous people abuse prescription drugs because doctors like them and want to have celebrities as patients, therefore they do whatever is necessary to appease them."
It's an alarming and sad fact resulting in one Hollywood insider revealing: "I can guarantee you right now that many of your favorite stars are taking some sort of pill prescribed by a medical professional." Doctors, including Dr. Braverman, argue that prescription pills are potentially more dangerous then illegal drugs "due to the fact patients believe they are safe and doctor controlled."
Unfortunately, unless something is done soon, it won't be long until we add another name to the list that already includes Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Brittany Murphy, Heath Ledger and now Corey Haim.
Kate Will Use Kids ... And Sex! ... to Win
Type-A personality Kate Gosselin is determined to do whatever she can to make sure she wins the 'Dancing With the Stars' mirror ball trophy even if it means showing a little leg and her eight beautiful kids.
"Kate is competitive about everything she does and is in this to win it. She has an amazing body and isn't shy about showing it off, especially if it gets her votes," a friend of the mom of eight tells me.
She's also not above using her kids to help her win either. "If for one second Kate thinks she is going to get voted off, expect eight little faces to be sitting on the front row cheering for mommy."
You're an evil genius, Katie!
Farrah's Oscar Snub Angers the Industry
The ridiculous snub of poor Farrah Fawcett at this year's Academy Awards has angered many actors in the television community, but not because of the way the Oscars treated Farrah.
"It's hilarious how many TV celebrities who are now worried that their death might not be acknowledged in a fitting manor when they finally kick the bucket," one high level agent tells me. "The fact that actors can make the Farrah snub about themselves is amazing."
Yet no one will say anything on the record, all too afraid it might hurt their Oscar chances when they make a movie!
God bless actors!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Benedict Cumberbatch Wax Figure Unveiled at Madame Tussauds London
- Producer Ed Pressman to Get Abu Dhabi Film Festival Honor
- Germany's ProSiebenSat.1 Hires Israeli Producer for Co-Production Job
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores