Forbes Richest Celebrities List Includes Familiar Names
By Sam Brand Posted Mar 11th 2010 05:18PM
The world has a new richest man, according to Forbes. But chances are you wouldn't know if Carlos Slim, valued at $53.5 billion, stepped into the room. He doesn't have his own television show, fashion line or personal sneaker. He does have a stranglehold on Mexico's telecommunications industry. For that, we give him a sarcastic "hooray!" After the jump are the billionaires you do know. They're not quite as rich as Slim, but they're a whole lot more sexy (yeah, we're looking at you Mark Zuckerberg)...
Mark Zuckerberg - $4 Billion
Mark, 25, is the youngest billionaire in the world. He's the face behind Facebook, and the undisputed champ of social networking. Speaking of which, he'll be portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg in 'The Social Network,' due in theaters this fall. No word on who will play MySpace's 'Tom.'
Oprah Winfrey - $2.7 Billion
Oprah is arguably the most powerful person in entertainment. She turns authors into instant celebs, down home chefs into chain restauranteurs and doctors into blockbuster gurus. She's turned us into believers, and you know we'll tune in when the Oprah Winfrey Network launches later this year
Mikhail Prokhorov - $13.4 Billion
If this galavanting Russian industrialist isn't quite a celebrity yet, he will be shortly. The 6'7" 44-year-old recently bought a controlling stake in the NBA's New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn) Nets. He's notoriously single -- see his arrest on "pimping" charges in 2007, for which France recently apologized. Basically, he's about to be the King of New York.
Donald Trump - $1.6 Billion
The Donald might be one of the most famous faces on this list. He's certainly got the most famous head of hair. According to Forbes, Trump thinks his "brand alone is worth $5 billion." It's that kind of arro-cough confidence that has helped him accumulate one of the richest real estate holdings in the world.
Steve Jobs – $3.4 Billion
OK, Steve's not all that sexy, but his sleek little machines sure are. If you don't have an Apple device in your pocket, well, you're kinda fakin' the funk. Thanks to Jobs, it's no longer cool to be different -- we're looking at you Zune users. Just, y'know, Think Different.
J.K. Rowling - $1 Billion
Behold, the purchasing power of kids. And moms. And teens. OK, everybody loves 'Harry Potter.' The richest chick in Britain deserves every Galleon she's put in the bank. Don't expect to see Rowling on welfare again any time soon.
Steven Spielberg - $3 Billion
Spielberg is the king of the big screen, even if Steven Seagal is the first celeb that pops up when typing "Steven S" into Google. Don't take our word for it. Count his ticket stubs. Films directed by Spielberg haul in an average of $157 million at the box office. He's so guffaw-ing at Kathryn Bigelow right now.
Michel Bloomberg - $16 Billion
We thought we read somewhere -- maybe it was the Magna Carta... or the Constitution... or Microsoft Encarta -- that democratic leaders aren't supposed to be billionaires. Nobody told Mayor Bloomberg, who spent $90 million on his last campaign.
Ralph Lauren - $2.8 Billion
Humans need only four things: air, food, clothes and sex. Ralph sells two of those. Pop the collar on a pink Polo polo shirt in springtime and watch your sexual fitness skyrocket. Popped collar Gap polos do not induce the same effect. We've tried.
Richard Branson - $4 Billion
As if the 212th richest man in the world wasn't everywhere already, Sir Richard Branson is aiming for the stars with his private space agency Virgin Galactic. The inaugural launch is slated to take place some time next year. We always thought the man in the moon looked more like John Lennon. This billionaire Brit will have to do.
- Filed under:
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Season 10 Men Tell All Recap: Lie Detector Results Revealed as Old Fights Spark Up Again
- 5 Seconds of Summer: 5 Things to Know About the Australian Pop Band
- Rachel McAdams "Was In Awe" of Lindsay Lohan on Mean Girls Set and "Learned So Much" From Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Upcoming Book Details Secret Service's Maneuverings To Hide Bill Clinton's Hot ?Energizer’ Mistress From Hillary
- Girl Went Wild! Woman Who Sued Joe Francis And Won Is Looking To Collect Her Winnings ASAP!
- Diva Decisions: Madonna Refuses To Participate In Deposition In Hard Candy Lawsuit ? READ The Documents!
- Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson to guest-star on final season of FX's 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Stars who make us go 'eww'
- Jimmy Kimmel Shares Five Pictures of Newborn Daughter Jane and Reveals How She Got Her Name
- A Devastating Loss on The Fosters, A Mystery (Sort of) Solved on Under the Dome & More OMG TV Moments
- Fargo Season 2 Will Be Set in 1979 and Focus on Younger Version of...