Mario Lopez Announces He's Going To Be a Dad
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 11th 2010 06:08AM
"Courtney and I couldn't be more excited," he said in a statement on Extra Wednesday. "I've waited my whole life to be a dad -- this is a true blessing. I am looking forward to sharing this experience with my family and my family at 'Extra.'" The baby is due this fall.
"I'm really excited. I'm happy. I can't wait to be a dad," Lopez tells PEOPLE. "I grew up in a large family. I'm fired up! I don't know what we're having. I'm going to wait to see [the baby's gender] so it will be a surprise."
Lopez and Mazza met in 2008 when Lopez starred in 'A Chorus Line' on Broadway.
Lopez came to fame for his role as A.C. Slater on 'Saved by the Bell' and was a former 'Dancing With the Stars' competitor.
Mario Lopez Snapshots
LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 26: Mario Lopez (R) and Courtney Mazza (L) attend a game between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center on February 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Noel Vasquez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Mario Lopez;Courtney Mazza
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West Sends Kim Kardashian Gushing Anniversary Twitter Message One Day Late
- Jessica Simpson's Daughter Maxwell Poses With Hand on Hip in Swimsuit, Blows Camera Kisses
- Rumer Willis Looks Identical to Mom Demi Moore in Amazing "Twinning" Photograph: Pic
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival