Richard Belzer Accused of Apple Assault
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 11th 2010 09:13AM
According to the Daily News, the 65-year-old actor reportedly entered the electronics retailer's store in New York's Upper West Side and approached 21-year-old Apple employee Milan Agnew. Agnew claims that Belzer proceeded to grab, shake and choke her, while yelling, "I need help!"
Agnew called police to report the assault, but when they arrived, Belzer brushed the incident off, saying that he was "just joking." Despite the alleged attack, Belzer was not charged with assault, angering members of Agnew's family.
"My granddaughter is petite, just 5-feet-2 and she's a dancer, so she doesn't have much body to her," the young woman's grandmother, Anita McKnight said. "Where does this man come off putting his hands on her?" Agnew told McKnight, "He didn't just touch me, he choked me and really scared me."
Jonathan Fox, who witnessed the attack, believes that Belzer received preferential treatment from the police because of his celebrity status, saying, "If it was one of us, we'd be locked up right now."
Witnesses say that following the alleged assault, Belzer acted as though nothing had happened, shaking hands and waving to fans.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- Beyonce Shows off Her Tiny Waist in White Bikini, Cuddles up with Jay-Z
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift applauds Emma Watson's speech on feminism