VIDEO: Molly Ringwald Never Wanted Ally Sheedy's 'Breakfast Club' Role
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 12th 2010 02:30PM
The longtime allegation and Internet report is absolutely false, Ringwald insists to PopEater.
"It's not true," Ringwald told us in an exclusive video.
She adds that she could have had the part if she wanted it. "I was initially approached by John [Hughes] to play Allison (Reynolds), and it was definitely not the character I wanted to play," Ringwald says. "I really wanted to play the character of Claire, who was actually called Cathy in the original script. I lobbied for that role." Watch
Even the Claire part was not a sure thing. "There was some question for a couple of days of whether the studio would let me play that role," she says. "And I won. I got to play the part I wanted and Ally (Sheedy) got to play Allison."
"She was fantastic in that one, and I think I was pretty good as Claire."
Ringwald, now starring as a parent in 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager,' says she's written a book called 'Getting the Pretty Back,' which is part memoir and part style guide.
"[But] that's not in my book," she says of the Allison Reynolds story. "Maybe the next one."
Check out the PopEater video to hear Ringwald talk about the John Hughes movie reunion at the Academy Awards, how her daughter helped her pick out her purple Oscar dress and her no laptop rule on the table at home.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars without the warpaint
- Angaleena Presley confirms Pistol Annies are on hold, debuts first solo album
- Singles wear bags on their heads in new dating show
- Piers Morgan Most Hated U.K. Personality on Twitter
- Tokyo Film Fest to Push Animation, Asian Talent
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Kills Off Major Character in Bloody Summer Finale
- Chris Harrison blogs ?Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5
- Billy Eichner talks the making of his Emmys segment
- ?Mad Men' star Vincent Kartheiser to play Billy Wilder on stage
- The 30 Best Disney Live-Action Movies Ever Made
- Farmer Chris Soules Will Look For Love as the New 'Bachelor'
- Comedian Mike Epps Will Play Richard Pryor in Long-Awaited Biopic