VIDEO: Molly Ringwald Never Wanted Ally Sheedy's 'Breakfast Club' Role
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 12th 2010 02:30PM
The longtime allegation and Internet report is absolutely false, Ringwald insists to PopEater.
"It's not true," Ringwald told us in an exclusive video.
She adds that she could have had the part if she wanted it. "I was initially approached by John [Hughes] to play Allison (Reynolds), and it was definitely not the character I wanted to play," Ringwald says. "I really wanted to play the character of Claire, who was actually called Cathy in the original script. I lobbied for that role." Watch
Even the Claire part was not a sure thing. "There was some question for a couple of days of whether the studio would let me play that role," she says. "And I won. I got to play the part I wanted and Ally (Sheedy) got to play Allison."
"She was fantastic in that one, and I think I was pretty good as Claire."
Ringwald, now starring as a parent in 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager,' says she's written a book called 'Getting the Pretty Back,' which is part memoir and part style guide.
"[But] that's not in my book," she says of the Allison Reynolds story. "Maybe the next one."
Check out the PopEater video to hear Ringwald talk about the John Hughes movie reunion at the Academy Awards, how her daughter helped her pick out her purple Oscar dress and her no laptop rule on the table at home.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- 'Star Trek's' Uhura Stopped at LAX After Companion Found With Meth
- Video Released of Moments Before Sarah Jones' Death on 'Midnight Rider' Set
- Ted Beniades, an Undercover Cop in 'Scarface,' Dies at 91
- 'Grimm' Star Bitsie Tulloch Thinks These 5 Supernatural TV Dramas Are Totally Worth Watching
- 'Nightcrawler' Review: One of the Best Movies of the Year
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now