Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes Split
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 15th 2010 01:48PM
Actress Kate Winslet and her husband, film and stage director Sam Mendes ('American Beauty,' 'Jarhead'), have announced that after nearly seven years of marriage, they are separating, the BBC is reporting.
The duo married in 2003 in a private, intimate wedding that took place in the Caribbean, and have a six-year-old son, Joe, together. Winslet also has a nine-year-old daughter, Mia, from her first marriage to Jim Threapleton.
"Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year," the couple's lawyers, Schillings law firm, said in a statement. "The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children. They ask that the media respect the privacy of the family."
Mendes recently directed Winslet in 2008's 'Revolutionary Road,' in which she reunited on screen with her 'Titanic' love interest, Leonardo DiCaprio. The pair married in the West Indies in May 2003.
One of the most acclaimed film actresses working today, Winslet has been nominated for six Academy Awards and won the Best Actress Oscar last year for 'The Reader.' She will next be seen in the HBO miniseries 'Mildred Pierce.'
Mendes won an Oscar for directing 1999's 'American Beauty.'
Kate Winslet Photos
HOLLYWOOD - MARCH 07: Actress Kate Winslet arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards held at Kodak Theatre on March 7, 2010 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Kate Winslet
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Cannes and Kering Team Up for ?Women in Motion' Program
- Robin Williams' Family Dispute Heads to Court
- Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Yoga'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap: Reunited, and It Feels So Good
- Recap of 'Revenge' Season 4 Episode 18: Clarity
- Weekend Box Office: 'Home' Soars Past 'Get Hard' To the Top Spot