Miley Cyrus Gives Thanks to 'Last Song' Screenwriter for Boyfriend Liam Hemsworth
By Bryan Alexander Posted Mar 15th 2010 08:20AM
Sparks wrote the perfect screenplay for 'The Last Song,' which gave Cyrus a plum part and a hot Australian co-star, Liam Hemsworth, who later became her boyfriend.
"I owe Nicholas big time," Cyrus joked at the press conference for the film which opens March 31.
She laughed that she helped Sparks with key pointers for her part, including: "I like animals, I like music and hot Australians," she said. "I was trying to make him write that in."
Cyrus confirmed on the Oscar red carpet that she and Hemsworth became a couple off-screen after shooting the movie. The 'Hannah Montana' star admitted during the weekend press conference that she was taken immediately with Liam's old world manners.
"He opened the door for me, and I was like, 'he's got the part,'" Cyrus said, recalling his audition. "And they were like, 'let's read with him first.'"
That said, she admits she was "intimidated" by the exceedingly tall actor. The intimidation was a two-way street.
The Australian Hemsworth said his first impression of Cyrus was surprise by her massive celebrity in America. "I'd seen the show a few times," he admitted. "But I had no idea of how big Miley Cyrus was."
While that took some getting used to, Hemsworth admitted, "she was amazing to work with." And they lived happily ever after.
Miley Cyrus Pics
Singer/actress Miley Cyrus arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Awards held at the Kodak Theatre on March 7, 2010 in Hollywood, California. 82nd Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals Kodak Theatre Hollywood, CA United States March 7, 2010 Photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com To license this image (17185032), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy Kimmel: I won't say sorry for slamming anti-vaccine parents
- Elvis' granddaughter Riley Keough on why marriage was the 'right thing'
- Hulk is a 175-pound pitbull you don't want to get angry
- Rainn Wilson's 'Impress Me' Becomes Second Scripted Show on Pop
- 'House of Cards,' "Chapter 32": What Was Claire Thinking?
- Ben Kingsley Becomes Ryan Reynolds in 'Selfless' Trailer
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)