Nicole Eggert Speaks Out on Corey Haim's Death
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 17th 2010 08:00AM
Now, ex-girlfriend Nicole Eggert is speaking out to Life & Style about the actor's troubled life and his drug addiction, in quotes given exclusively to PopEater.
"He didn't want to die," Eggert says in the emotional interview.
More exclusive quotes and photos of Corey's last days after the jump!
Eggert, who dated Haim and also shared the screen with him in the steamy film 'Blown Away,' says that the late actor "was always open about having a drug-abuse problem. He didn't lie about it or hide it." She goes on to say that despite her affection for him, "it became hard over the years, staying close to a friend who was in a place like that."
Haim had been battling demons from an early age. He was molested by an unnamed adult at the age of 14, and Eggert tells Life & Style that was a spark for some of his issues. "He told me about it a few years after it happened ... But I don't want to name [his molester] out of respect for Corey."
Eggert goes on to say that even in his early days, Haim's fame gave him easy access to pretty much anything he wanted in Hollywood.
"When Corey was a minor, I'll tell you, I saw quite a few doctors and adults enable him. But there was always a deep friendship and a deep love between Corey and myself. I just want him to be happy and at peace," she said.
"I think his body just shut down, it gave up. Finally. If this is what it takes, then may he be in peace and not struggle anymore."
The Life & Style piece also contains personal photos given to the magazine by Haim's friend, Jake Perry (middle, between Haim and Corey Feldman, whom Perry worked for). To read more of Eggert's interview and for more photos of Haim, pick up this week's Life & Style.
Remembering Corey Haim
Mourners carry the coffin during the private funeral service for actor Corey Haim at Steeles Memorial Chapel on March 16 in Thornhill, Ontario.
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- Sony Hires Superstar Writers to Expand 'Spider-Man' Universe
- 'Scandal' Case Study: Kerry Washington on the Midseason Finale Shocker and What's Next
- 'The Sing-Off' Recap: A Party Playlist and Proposal Rock Week 1 (Video)
- ?Reign' react: What's love got to do with it?
- ?Scandal' behind the scenes: Three men and an Emmy ? VIDEO
- Hate Joffrey? Here's your chance to roast the ?Game of Thrones' king
- Don Cheadle Suiting Up for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'?
- Evangeline Lilly on 'The Hobbit': I Didn't Want to Be the Jar Jar Binks of the Trilogy
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Cast as 'Naggy Mothers of Darth Vader' (Sort Of)