Simon Cowell Wants Elton John as His Wedding Singer
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 17th 2010 06:10AM
Simon Wants Elton to Be His Wedding Singer
With Simon Cowell's reported September wedding date fast approaching, many details need to be decided. Filet mignon or salmon, what color the chair covers should be ... oh, weddings are fun! However, the most important detail to Simon is booking Elton John to perform at the wedding!
"It makes total sense that Simon is focusing on the wedding singer. Music is more important to Simon than the venue, the lighting or the flowers. Knowing Simon, I think it might be even be more important than the bride," joked a friend of the 'American Idol' meanie.
"Elton would be the perfect choice. Unlike others, he is brilliant live. Plus, Simon's dear mum and older relations know all his songs."
There's one person who probably won't be getting an invite -- the talented 'Idol' winner Taylor Hicks, who told me: "I feel sorry for anyone who becomes Mrs. Cowell."
No word yet on what will be the first song Elton will be performing for the new Mr. and Mrs. Cowell, but may I suggest 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart!'
Angelina Isn't Johnny's Type
Don't believe the rumors that Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, who are currently making a film together, have any romantic interest off set.
"Johnny is no cheater, and even if he was, Angie is definitely not his type," a source tells me.
Depp has been in a very private relationship with French actress/singer Vanessa Paradis since 1998, and the couple has two children together. They do everything possible to keep their children out of the public eye, unlike Angelina, who has sold images of both Shiloh and her twins.
"Although he thinks Angie is a strong, powerful actress who does amazing humanitarian work throughout the world, he doesn't understand her need to be so famous," said an insider.
"Johnny loves making movies, then disappearing out of the public eye. Angie, on the other hand, is more famous off screen than on."
The Original Lindsay and Britney
Before Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears became synonymous with young and wild celebrity, there was Tallulah Bankhead, the original bad girl that over indulged in men, booze and drugs.
Playing her now in a new Broadway play titled 'Looped' is Valerie Harper. Her dazzling performance as Bankhead will be talked about for years. Go see it.
If you're not in New York, Netflix a copy of Tallulah in 'Lifeboat,' so that you can see how, despite her hard partying, her talent shined through.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- 'Arrested Development' Cast Picks Their Favorite Moments
- Justin Bieber BOOED While Accepting Award
- OUCH: Singer Jumps, Lands On Fan's Neck
- ?All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' season finale: And the winner is?
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Game of Thrones': OK Cupid reveals which characters are most compatible
- Photos! At the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- David Beckham Cries at Last Soccer Game
- Kanye West on ?SNL': Performs ?New Slaves,' ?Black Skinhead'
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Break Up; Kanye West Debuts New Music on Saturday Night Live: Top Stories From the Weekend
- Kesha Nearly Flashes Butt at Billboard Music Awards: Picture
- Jennifer Nettles Shows Off Slim, Stunning Post-Baby Body at Billboard Music Awards