Simon Cowell Wants Elton John as His Wedding Singer
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 17th 2010 06:10AM
Simon Wants Elton to Be His Wedding Singer
With Simon Cowell's reported September wedding date fast approaching, many details need to be decided. Filet mignon or salmon, what color the chair covers should be ... oh, weddings are fun! However, the most important detail to Simon is booking Elton John to perform at the wedding!
"It makes total sense that Simon is focusing on the wedding singer. Music is more important to Simon than the venue, the lighting or the flowers. Knowing Simon, I think it might be even be more important than the bride," joked a friend of the 'American Idol' meanie.
"Elton would be the perfect choice. Unlike others, he is brilliant live. Plus, Simon's dear mum and older relations know all his songs."
There's one person who probably won't be getting an invite -- the talented 'Idol' winner Taylor Hicks, who told me: "I feel sorry for anyone who becomes Mrs. Cowell."
No word yet on what will be the first song Elton will be performing for the new Mr. and Mrs. Cowell, but may I suggest 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart!'
Angelina Isn't Johnny's Type
Don't believe the rumors that Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, who are currently making a film together, have any romantic interest off set.
"Johnny is no cheater, and even if he was, Angie is definitely not his type," a source tells me.
Depp has been in a very private relationship with French actress/singer Vanessa Paradis since 1998, and the couple has two children together. They do everything possible to keep their children out of the public eye, unlike Angelina, who has sold images of both Shiloh and her twins.
"Although he thinks Angie is a strong, powerful actress who does amazing humanitarian work throughout the world, he doesn't understand her need to be so famous," said an insider.
"Johnny loves making movies, then disappearing out of the public eye. Angie, on the other hand, is more famous off screen than on."
The Original Lindsay and Britney
Before Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears became synonymous with young and wild celebrity, there was Tallulah Bankhead, the original bad girl that over indulged in men, booze and drugs.
Playing her now in a new Broadway play titled 'Looped' is Valerie Harper. Her dazzling performance as Bankhead will be talked about for years. Go see it.
If you're not in New York, Netflix a copy of Tallulah in 'Lifeboat,' so that you can see how, despite her hard partying, her talent shined through.
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin Tease 'The Flash' and 'Arrow' Crossover Episodes
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs
- Look Out J.Lo and Kim K! Here Comes Beyonc
- Kourtney Kardashian Hints at Scott Disick Relationship Trouble With New Instagram
- Kendra Wilkinson Reveals Why She Took Hank Baskett Back: Read the Couple's Joint Interview!
- Jessica, Ashlee Simpson's Children Maxwell, Ace, and Bronx Steal the Show at Belk Fashion Event: Family Photos