How to Cure Your St. Patrick's Day Hangover
By Mike Hess Posted Mar 17th 2010 07:46AM
of BLT fame has teamed up with Tabasco to ease New Yorkers with their Hangover Headquarters, mobile trucks that will be doling out free food and drinks to those who are still shaking off the St. Patty's cobwebs on March 18. PopEater was able to chat with Chef Tourondel about his Bloody Mary penchant, his booze of choice and what he thought about 'The Hangover.' His Answers After the Jump!
So why is the Bloody Mary the go-to hangover drink?
The flavor combination of the saltiness, the spice of the horseradish and the kick of the vodka that can help start the next day makes a Bloody Mary the perfect hangover alternative. It's a great morning drink that perks you up for the day ahead.
Do they have/use Tabasco in France, where you're from?
Yes, Tabasco was a staple growing up and was always available - you could find it everywhere. There's always a recipe with Tabasco in France. It's also found in most every restaurant kitchen in France.
Do you have any crazy St. Patrick's Day stories, whether they involve yourself or something happening in your restaurant?
St. Patrick's day is not a holiday I celebrate too heavily. I'm able to celebrate it with a few drinks with some friends, but not too many -- which is why I'm able to work the Tabasco truck the day after.
When you belly up to a bar, what's your drink of choice besides a Bloody Mary?
If there's one celebrity, dead or alive, that you'd love to split a bottle of wine or booze with, who would it be and why?
Mick Jagger -- he has an incredible life and I'd be very curious to hear his stories over some cocktails.
Did you see the movie 'The Hangover'? If so, thoughts?
Yes, I did ... It was a very funny film. I love Las Vegas, as it's one of my favorite cities, and that must have been quite a hangover in the movie. I can say I've never had a hangover quite that bad.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- Paul Walker Best Man at Brother's Wedding Before Death, Kate Middleton Recycles Gown: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Zoe Saldana Says She Keeps Marriage Private to "Maintain Some Kind of Sanity"
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Miami Sun in Skimpy Swimsuit: See the Picture
- DJ Pauly D Wants FULL Custody Of Love Child: ?He's Concerned For His Daughter's Safety,' Pal Reveals