How to Cure Your St. Patrick's Day Hangover
By Mike Hess Posted Mar 17th 2010 07:46AM
of BLT fame has teamed up with Tabasco to ease New Yorkers with their Hangover Headquarters, mobile trucks that will be doling out free food and drinks to those who are still shaking off the St. Patty's cobwebs on March 18. PopEater was able to chat with Chef Tourondel about his Bloody Mary penchant, his booze of choice and what he thought about 'The Hangover.' His Answers After the Jump!
So why is the Bloody Mary the go-to hangover drink?
The flavor combination of the saltiness, the spice of the horseradish and the kick of the vodka that can help start the next day makes a Bloody Mary the perfect hangover alternative. It's a great morning drink that perks you up for the day ahead.
Do they have/use Tabasco in France, where you're from?
Yes, Tabasco was a staple growing up and was always available - you could find it everywhere. There's always a recipe with Tabasco in France. It's also found in most every restaurant kitchen in France.
Do you have any crazy St. Patrick's Day stories, whether they involve yourself or something happening in your restaurant?
St. Patrick's day is not a holiday I celebrate too heavily. I'm able to celebrate it with a few drinks with some friends, but not too many -- which is why I'm able to work the Tabasco truck the day after.
When you belly up to a bar, what's your drink of choice besides a Bloody Mary?
If there's one celebrity, dead or alive, that you'd love to split a bottle of wine or booze with, who would it be and why?
Mick Jagger -- he has an incredible life and I'd be very curious to hear his stories over some cocktails.
Did you see the movie 'The Hangover'? If so, thoughts?
Yes, I did ... It was a very funny film. I love Las Vegas, as it's one of my favorite cities, and that must have been quite a hangover in the movie. I can say I've never had a hangover quite that bad.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- 'The Roosevelts' earn PBS biggest audience in 20 years
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran