Jesse James Asks Sandra Bullock for Forgiveness
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 18th 2010 04:23PM
Under increased scrutiny over claims he's been unfaithful, Jesse James has issued a statement apologizing to his wife Sandra Bullock for causing "pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension." The reality TV host says he alone is to blame for the scandal, although he does not admit to specific details. He also claims the "vast majority" of reports are false.
He ends the statement, issued to PEOPLE, by asking for forgiveness. Read It:
"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment. There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
The controversy around allegations concerning James was launched by tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee , who told In Touch Weekly this week that she and James had engaged in an 11-month affair, "including five weeks of sex."
According to the interview, McGee claims the affair began when she sent James a request to be his "friend" on a social-media Web site. She tells the magazine that the pair had sex "two or three times" the night they met.
A source tells PopEater that In Touch actually called Bullock's publicist on Monday to warn the actress about the bombshell story.
The 'Blind Side' actress reportedly then moved out of the family home just as the story hit the tabloid racks. James was spotted Thursday wearing his wedding ring while dropping of his children at school. There has been no statement by Bullock, who has not been seen in public for days.
Less than two weeks ago, James teared up as Bullock accepted the Best Actress Oscar for her performance in 'The Blind Side.'
James met Bullock in late 2004 when the actress arranged for her godson to tour the set of his hit Discovery show, 'Monster Garage.' They soon began dating, quietly, and Bullock publicly acknowledged that they weren't the most conventional pairing. He the tattooed biker and she the Hollywood starlet.
Bullock said to critics, "There are people who look very innocent, loving and churchgoing who cheat on their spouses, don't take care of their children and are horrible to humanity."
Defying the odds, they tied the knot on July 16, 2005, in a sunset ceremony near Santa Barbara. More than 300 guests were on hand, even though they weren't told a wedding was going to take place until after they arrived.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
Sandra Bullock and Chandler, Sunny, and Jesse James, Jr. take a stroll in Huntington Beach, March 11. More Sandra Snapshots >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Adrianne Palicki reportedly cast as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage
- Bill Cosby gives bizarre sex talk on 'Tonight Show'
- Norway Denies Casey Kasem Family Burial Request: 'We Cannot Dig Up the Body'
- Ken Watanabe to Host 2014 Busan Film Festival Opening Ceremony
- Watch Tom Cruise Take The Ice Bucket Challenge ? Over and Over Again
- Lindsay Lohan posts selfie with Tina Fey during EW's ?Mean Girls' reunion
- The Rock is starring in DC's ?Shazam'? as the villain? An investigation
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's ?It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie
- Let's Rank the 'Saved By the Bell' Very Special Episodes (VIDEO)
- Julianne Hough May Return to 'Dancing With the Stars'... as a Judge
- The East Hill Mall's Back-to-School Commercial Goes Viral for All the Wrong Reasons (VIDEO)