Jesse James Asks Sandra Bullock for Forgiveness
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 18th 2010 04:23PM
Under increased scrutiny over claims he's been unfaithful, Jesse James has issued a statement apologizing to his wife Sandra Bullock for causing "pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension." The reality TV host says he alone is to blame for the scandal, although he does not admit to specific details. He also claims the "vast majority" of reports are false.
He ends the statement, issued to PEOPLE, by asking for forgiveness. Read It:
"The vast majority of the allegations reported are untrue and unfounded. Beyond that, I will not dignify these private matters with any further public comment. There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way. This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
The controversy around allegations concerning James was launched by tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee , who told In Touch Weekly this week that she and James had engaged in an 11-month affair, "including five weeks of sex."
According to the interview, McGee claims the affair began when she sent James a request to be his "friend" on a social-media Web site. She tells the magazine that the pair had sex "two or three times" the night they met.
A source tells PopEater that In Touch actually called Bullock's publicist on Monday to warn the actress about the bombshell story.
The 'Blind Side' actress reportedly then moved out of the family home just as the story hit the tabloid racks. James was spotted Thursday wearing his wedding ring while dropping of his children at school. There has been no statement by Bullock, who has not been seen in public for days.
Less than two weeks ago, James teared up as Bullock accepted the Best Actress Oscar for her performance in 'The Blind Side.'
James met Bullock in late 2004 when the actress arranged for her godson to tour the set of his hit Discovery show, 'Monster Garage.' They soon began dating, quietly, and Bullock publicly acknowledged that they weren't the most conventional pairing. He the tattooed biker and she the Hollywood starlet.
Bullock said to critics, "There are people who look very innocent, loving and churchgoing who cheat on their spouses, don't take care of their children and are horrible to humanity."
Defying the odds, they tied the knot on July 16, 2005, in a sunset ceremony near Santa Barbara. More than 300 guests were on hand, even though they weren't told a wedding was going to take place until after they arrived.
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
Sandra Bullock and Chandler, Sunny, and Jesse James, Jr. take a stroll in Huntington Beach, March 11. More Sandra Snapshots >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Memorial Day weekend TV marathons: An A to Z guide
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report