'Housewife' Lisa Wu Hartwell 'Unveils' Her Pink
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Mar 19th 2010 12:58PM
On getting involved with 'Unveil Your Pink' and Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Tammy Reid, a friend of mine, is doing the auction portion of the fundraiser. She reached out to me and said, 'Lisa, I think it'd be great for you to be a part of this.' I thought it was an honor, so I'm glad to be here.
On why breast cancer research is close to her heart: I have a close friend that is going through it right now. Early detection is key. So many people think that they can wait until they're 40, but it's too late, they can be in stage 3. If you get yearly check ups, you might catch something, especially if you have a history of it in your family. It's just so important, early detection, and I think a lot of people don't know that.
Of all the charities she could work with, why 'Unveil Your Pink' and Susan G. Komen for the Cure: I have a girlfriend that's going through it right now. She's a very close friend of mine and when it hits close to home, it just kind of shakes you a little bit. Like, that could be me. I'm all about empowering women. I just love women who are resilient, that keep going although they've been given this report, they keep fighting.
On Sandra Bullock's husband, Jesse James', alleged infidelity: I hate to give advice about other people's marriages, especially if you don't know the background. It's a private time and if that's something they're going through -- my prayers are with them. Hopefully it's not true. Sometimes people blow things out of proportion. Oh my God, I've read things about myself and I'm like, 'My God! That's not even how that happened.'
On putting her baby plans on hold: I'm actually doing a film! A major motion picture has cast me to do martial arts in the film. I believe Jeff Goldblum is in the film; there's a few other high profile actors in the film as well. I'm going to be flying across someone's screen. [Laughs] I'll be shooting in June.
On the next season of 'Real Housewives': I heard that there was gonna be another housewife. I have not met her ... I don't think I've met her. We don't really know who it is! I think she's just gonna show up to the set and we'll be like 'OK.' We don't know yet, but we start filming in a couple weeks. I'm sure they'll be a lot of entertainment for you and drama!
On donating to charitable cause even during a troublesome economy: I believe that when you give you receive, I really do. I believe that you sow your seeds and you'll reap them. I do believe in that. I believe in karma. I believe that you can't receive if your hand is closed. I believe if you're a little more giving then people will open up their hearts to you and be a little bit more giving to you as well.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!
- Gavin Rossdale and 24-Year-Old Daughter Daisy Lowe Enjoy Park Date in London—Take a Look!