'Housewife' Lisa Wu Hartwell 'Unveils' Her Pink
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Mar 19th 2010 12:58PM
On getting involved with 'Unveil Your Pink' and Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Tammy Reid, a friend of mine, is doing the auction portion of the fundraiser. She reached out to me and said, 'Lisa, I think it'd be great for you to be a part of this.' I thought it was an honor, so I'm glad to be here.
On why breast cancer research is close to her heart: I have a close friend that is going through it right now. Early detection is key. So many people think that they can wait until they're 40, but it's too late, they can be in stage 3. If you get yearly check ups, you might catch something, especially if you have a history of it in your family. It's just so important, early detection, and I think a lot of people don't know that.
Of all the charities she could work with, why 'Unveil Your Pink' and Susan G. Komen for the Cure: I have a girlfriend that's going through it right now. She's a very close friend of mine and when it hits close to home, it just kind of shakes you a little bit. Like, that could be me. I'm all about empowering women. I just love women who are resilient, that keep going although they've been given this report, they keep fighting.
On Sandra Bullock's husband, Jesse James', alleged infidelity: I hate to give advice about other people's marriages, especially if you don't know the background. It's a private time and if that's something they're going through -- my prayers are with them. Hopefully it's not true. Sometimes people blow things out of proportion. Oh my God, I've read things about myself and I'm like, 'My God! That's not even how that happened.'
On putting her baby plans on hold: I'm actually doing a film! A major motion picture has cast me to do martial arts in the film. I believe Jeff Goldblum is in the film; there's a few other high profile actors in the film as well. I'm going to be flying across someone's screen. [Laughs] I'll be shooting in June.
On the next season of 'Real Housewives': I heard that there was gonna be another housewife. I have not met her ... I don't think I've met her. We don't really know who it is! I think she's just gonna show up to the set and we'll be like 'OK.' We don't know yet, but we start filming in a couple weeks. I'm sure they'll be a lot of entertainment for you and drama!
On donating to charitable cause even during a troublesome economy: I believe that when you give you receive, I really do. I believe that you sow your seeds and you'll reap them. I do believe in that. I believe in karma. I believe that you can't receive if your hand is closed. I believe if you're a little more giving then people will open up their hearts to you and be a little bit more giving to you as well.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend Casper Smart Wishes "The Most Beautiful Lil Bear" a Happy Birthday: Picture
- Fifi Geldof Writes Angry Message After Late Sister Peaches Geldof's Autopsy Results
- Taylor Swift Gives Advice About Unrequited Love to a Young Fan: Read Her Instagram Response
- Susan Richardson, Of ?Eight Is Enough' Fame, Opens Up About Battles With Health, Finances, Death & More
- Dressed To Kill? Celebs Show Us Their Best And Worst Fashion Choices ? See The Looks And Decide Which Ones You Love And Hate!
- Will.I.Am’s Secret Family Shame ? Older Brother Is Convicted Felon Who Spent 5 Years In Prison For Spousal Battery
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Mystery still surrounds the whereabouts of Casey Kasem's remains
- LeAnn & Eddie recap: Has LeAnn forgotten her southern roots?
- Investigators Solve "Creepy and Disturbing" Porcelain Doll Case in California—Get the Scoop!
- Is Charlize Theron Engaged to Sean Penn? Star Spotted With Gleaming Ring on That Finger
- Justin Theroux Jokes About "Bad Boy" Image by Googling His Many "Mug Shots" on Jimmy Kimmel Live!