Why We Love Photos of Celebrities Eating
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Mar 19th 2010 01:10PM
The public wants to know what their favorite stars are doing around-the-clock. And the paparazzi, eager to feed this demand, snap famous faces at every possible moment. That means following celebrities as they fill up their gas tanks, walk their dogs and especially as they eat and drink. Swarms of photographers are often following everyone from reality show contestants to A-list movie stars, catching them at their most vulnerable moments -- often mid-chew.
Yummy! Celebrity Eats
Olivia Wilde gives back with her involvement in the EMA Garden Project to promote organic food. She got her hands dirty by planting seeds, watering them and tasting the fresh fair.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Turning a troublesome paparazzi swarm at lunch time into an opportunity for media coverage is something that many stars have mastered. Amanda Barbour, head of sales at photo agency Splash News, says, "Stars are still eating outside, sometimes for the exposure. They know that if they go to a restaurant like Ivy or Nobu or wherever, there will be photographers crawling all over the place. They generally eat there because they want to be photographed." Hollywood restaurants are turning quickly from nightly hot spots to an ideal photo op.
When examining photographs of stars eating, the same famous faces are captured again and again mid-meal. Reality stars Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian are constantly followed by paparazzi, so it's easy to see why they are some of the most frequently photographed celebrity eaters. Be it alone, with each other or their significant others, the Kardashian girls are definitely ladies who (the public loves to see) lunch.
The public's fascination with their favorite stars doesn't end on the red carpet, it continues throughout their every move, especially when it comes to what's on their plate. It doesn't matter what, where or how the stars are eating, there will always be an appeal for these photos. "The images where celebrities are shoveling food are very popular, they humanize them and show people that they are just like us," says Barbour.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Vanessa Lachey Shares Adorable Picture of Blooming Baby Bump, First Instagram Since Pregnancy Announcement
- Husband's Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex Goes Viral; Cameron Diaz Cuts Radio Interview Short After Host Disses Drew Barrymore: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Katherine Webb Shares Bikini Honeymoon Shot, Peek at Wedding to AJ McCarron
- She's An American Woman In London! Noelle Reno Dishes About Life, Work And Reality Show ?Ladies Of London'
- Madonna’s Underage Teenage Daughter Says She ‘Awkwardly Avoided Teachers’ At Prom After Drinking Champagne
- Reality Showdown! Producers Now Deciding Between Fan-Favorite ?Bachelorette' Alum Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman Cast-Off Chris Soules In Next Bachelor Casting