'Small' Pyrotechnics Fire Sets 'Harry Potter' Ablaze
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 22nd 2010 10:26AM
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, were present. "There was a small fire that was quickly handled by our in-house fire brigade, and as a precaution we called the local fire brigade," a spokesperson for the 'Harry Potter' films tells PopEater. No one was injured and no equipment was damaged.
The Watford Observer reports that the fire started while second unit shooting was underway on Friday evening on a courtyard scene that factors into a battle sequence. There was no damage to Leavesden Studios, and the set was due to be rebuilt anyway for a new battle sequence for the second part of 'Deathly Hallows,' which is being produced as two films.
A representative of the 'Harry Potter' production told the paper, "It was a big special effects scene. Unfortunately, there was a small fire as a result of that. As a precaution, we had already mobilized our own in-house fire team, who had it under control."
"The fire brigade was called and it was put out in under an hour. The idea that fire ripped through Leavesden Studios is so far from the truth, it's untrue. It was a very isolated incident. It was put out very quickly and with limited damage."
Although there were earlier reports that claimed the incident was causing production delays for Warner Bros., the planned release dates of November 19, 2010, and July 15, 2011, remain unchanged.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jason Aldean and Brittany Kerr wants kids 'in a few years'
- Comedy Central to offer uncensored version of Justin Bieber's roast
- Michelle Rodriguez almost quit the first ?Fast & Furious' film?
- Stan Lee Makes First Foray Into U.K. TV
- First Look: 'Waltz With Bashir' Director's Anne Frank Animation
- Korea's Jeonju Fest to Open With Asian Premiere of Vincent Cassel Drama 'Partisan'
- Best of Late Night TV: Vin Diesel Talks 'Furious 7,' Helen Mirren Sucks Helium, 'Celebrity Cell Phone Profile' (VIDEO)
- 'Spectre' Producers on Blofeld, Idris Elba as 007, and Who's Singing the Theme Song
- The 'Furious 7' Cast Remembers Paul Walker (VIDEO)