Notorious Reality TV 'Brat' Sues ABC for $100 Million
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 23rd 2010 08:13AM
NY Daily News, Alicia Guastaferro, 18, claims she has received death threats and harbors suicidal tendencies since the show, in which she offered, "I do feel sorry for people that are not gorgeous people." Watch:
The episode focused heavily on Guastaferro, who is described as the "princess of pageantry" and is given presents every day by her parents, who keep a Christmas tree up all year. 'Wife Swap' centers on mothers from different walks of life switching places, but the lawsuit claims ABC spent too much time on the demanding teen and not the intended subject of the show: the wife, Karen.
Guastaferro says that since the airing she has had to transfer schools in upstate New York and has gone from the honor roll to being a special education student. It probably didn't help that during the show, Mrs. Guastaferro freely admitted -- and demonstrated -- how she does her daughter's homework. "She doesn't have time!"
"I feel the way to Alicia's happiness is, give her everything she wants. Don't give her any rules. Why upset her?" Karen boasted.
Another motive for the lawsuit may be the financial woes of the family.
Last November, Ralph and Karen Guastaferro pleaded guilty to felony money laundering charges stemming from a Canadian telemarketing scheme. Karen is also in hot water for not declaring wages at the family's glass-tinting business. According to a Buffalo News report, she faces up to 16 months in jail, while he could spend up to 57 months behind bars.
Yummy! Celebrity Eats
Gerard Butler and Adrian Brody chow down as the attend a game between the Washington Wizards and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eddie Redmayne: My Wife and I Love Friends, Stalked Jennifer Aniston
- Ryan Knight's Ex-Girlfriend Jemmye Carroll Reflects on His Death: "Living Too Fast Was His Motto"
- Gabrielle Union Explains Why She Asked Dwyane Wade for a Prenup: "I Have My Own Wagon and Star"
- Alfred Hitchcock's shelved Holocaust documentary cannot be denied
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Katie Holmes to portray businesswoman in 'Ray Donovan'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Pack on the PDA for L.A. Lakers' Kiss Cam Just Three Weeks After Their Wedding!
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand
- Ariana Grande vs. Russell Wilson: Who Rocked a Seattle Seahawks Jersey Better? Find Out Whose Look the Quarterback's Teammates Prefer!