America Ferrera Ignores 'Ridiculous' Weight Chatter
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 23rd 2010 06:24AM
In a recent interview with PopEater, the actress addressed the seemingly endless discussion of her weight. "I don't really think about it to be honest. It's not hard to ignore, because I find it all so ridiculous," she said. I think there's a whole different set of rules that exist in a pretend world. The celebrity world, the online gossip world, where people have different rules about [how] they get to talk about other people and their appearances."
While Ferrera has visibly slimmed down since her turn in 'Real Women Have Curves,' she says her weight loss was not due to media pressure. "To spend any time at all thinking about the bad or good things written about me is such a waste of time and energy. I hope to have a career based on the work I do and not whether a gossip site says I look good or bad in a dress," she says.
In an interview with CosmoGirl, the actress said, "It's all so weird to me -- the trend that being anorexic is both elevated and condemned. There are two sides of the entertainment industry: the world of celebrity and the world of acting. I'm not sure what 50 percent of actors are really famous for, other than what they look like. Luckily there are plenty of actresses out there who have changed the vision of beauty in Hollywood. I can think of 10 actresses who are not supermodel-beautiful but who have amazing careers and who are doing big and meaningful films."
Regardless of how her looks may change, Ferrera is one actress whose career will definitely remain big.
Yummy! Celebrity Eats
Gerard Butler and Adrian Brody chow down as the attend a game between the Washington Wizards and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
Noel Vasquez, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chelsea Handler Touts Middle East Peace, Goes Topless and Wears Only Star of David Pasties in Israel While Riding a Camel
- Minions Get Naked, Go Streaking in Super Bowl XLIX Ad -- Watch the Craziness Here!
- Kim Kardashian: Jennifer Lawrence "Screamed" When She Saw Me, Loves My Family's Show
- Bruce Jenner's changing look
- Nick Jonas is sick of looking at his Flaunt magazine photoshoot
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- President Barack Obama Proves He Has Plenty of "Uptown Funk" While Singing Bruno Mars' Hit Single
- Lara Bingle's Baby Bump Makes Its Debut—See the Pic!
- Rest Easy, Jeff Bridges' Sleeping Tapes Album Is Here and There's a Super Bowl Commercial to Go With It: Watch the Teaser!