California Looks to Bar Dr. Murray From Practicing
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 24th 2010 07:49AM
"[The] Defendant is alleged to have administered a lethal dose of propofol and other powerful drugs to patient [Michael Jackson], which resulted in the patient's death," Brown said in the filing. "The exercise of such poor professional judgment and placing the life of a patient in jeopardy requires that the [California Medical] Board take measures to protect the public from future harm."
Murray was at Jackson's side on June 25 when he allegedly gave the singer the drug propofol -- a powerful anesthetic used knock patients out during surgery -- to help him get rest. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter and is free on $75,000 bail while awaiting trial. Murray is looking at four years in prison if convicted.
Further damaging information was leaked Monday night claiming Murray stopped administering CPR on the stricken star and delayed calling 911 so that he could dispose of drug vials in the room.
The account was given to investigators in August by Alberto Alvarez, Jackson's logistics director. He was summoned to the pop star's side by another Jackson aide who received a frantic call from Murray after Jackson was unresponsive.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Extra Scoop: Justin Bieber Serenades Selena Gomez? Is Jelena Back?
- Elizabeth Moss Says She Should Never Have Married Fred Armisen
- First Look! NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani Rehearse for 'DWTS'