California Looks to Bar Dr. Murray From Practicing
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 24th 2010 07:49AM
"[The] Defendant is alleged to have administered a lethal dose of propofol and other powerful drugs to patient [Michael Jackson], which resulted in the patient's death," Brown said in the filing. "The exercise of such poor professional judgment and placing the life of a patient in jeopardy requires that the [California Medical] Board take measures to protect the public from future harm."
Murray was at Jackson's side on June 25 when he allegedly gave the singer the drug propofol -- a powerful anesthetic used knock patients out during surgery -- to help him get rest. He has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter and is free on $75,000 bail while awaiting trial. Murray is looking at four years in prison if convicted.
Further damaging information was leaked Monday night claiming Murray stopped administering CPR on the stricken star and delayed calling 911 so that he could dispose of drug vials in the room.
The account was given to investigators in August by Alberto Alvarez, Jackson's logistics director. He was summoned to the pop star's side by another Jackson aide who received a frantic call from Murray after Jackson was unresponsive.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ryan Gosling's 'Only God Forgives' booed at Cannes, called 'a defecation'
- 'Hangover Part III' review: It is somehow even worse than the second
- Seemingly age-free stars
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- What's The Word On 'Fast 6'?
- 'What Have We Unleashed?'
- 'Devoured': Burmese Python Latches Onto Expert's Face
- ?Saturday Night Live' best host poll: And the winner is?
- ?Nashville' season finale: Every kind of cliffhanger
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Get More Hot Deals from StyleMined.com!
- Christie Brinkley, 59, Sizzles in Swimsuit Pic
- Exclusive: Madonna on Family, Fashion and Feuds
- Vince Vaughn Gets Recognized at Disneyland, Shocked Fans Make Hilarious Faces
- Jennifer Love Hewitt: I Like Being a "Curvy Girl" and Not "Too Skinny"
- Kate Middleton Is Radiant in Yellow; Jennifer Aniston Reunites With Friends Costars on Ellen; Kim Kardashian Marvels at Her Pregnancy Curves: Today's Top Stories