James Cameron Plays With Fire, Calls Glenn Beck a Raving 'Madman'
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 24th 2010 07:15AM
James Cameron thinks Glenn Beck is a dangerous "madman" with "poisonous" ideas, but he'd love to have a dialog with him, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Oh, Beck will have a dialog alright, but it will likely involve a chalkboard and the words "socialist" and "progressive."
The 'Avatar' director lashed out at FOX News' increasingly influential star at a press conference supporting the DVD release of his hit film, but the mood got dark when he was asked about Beck. "Glenn Beck is a f*****g a**hole. I've met him. He called me the anti-Christ and not about 'Avatar.' He hadn't even seen 'Avatar' yet. I don't know if he has seen it."
The famously blunt Oscar winner was likely referring to Beck's reaction to his 2007 documentary 'The Lost Tomb of Jesus,' which casts doubt on the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Later, Cameron toned down the rhetoric while further discussing Beck: "I think, you know what, he may or may not be an a**hole, but he certainly is dangerous, and I'd love to have a dialog with him."
When asked to expand on why he believes Beck is dangerous, he explained, "Because his ideas are poisonous."
"I couldn't believe when he was on CNN. I thought, what happened to CNN? Who is this guy? Who is this madman? And then, of course, he wound up on Fox News, which is where he belongs, I guess."
Keep an eye out for Beck's response on either his radio show or on FOX.
Yummy! Celebrity Eats
Olivia Wilde gives back with her involvement in the EMA Garden Project to promote organic food. She got her hands dirty by planting seeds, watering them and tasting the fresh fair.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Obama's Anger Translator Joins Him to Slam Opponents at White House Correspondents' Dinner (Video)
- Tribeca: Brad Bird Shows 'Tomorrowland' Clip, Defends Tom Cruise As Janeane Garofalo Jokes About Scientology
- 'Outlander' Writer on Introducing Jamie's Sister and "Intense" Black Jack Scene
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time
- 8 Bizarre Batman Facts You (Probably) Don't Know
- 9 Things We Want to See on 'Fuller House'