Dennis Hopper Too Sick for Chemotherapy, Court
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 25th 2010 06:03AM
Shocking new court documents report that actor Dennis Hopper is too frail to undergo chemotherapy for prostate cancer and that the ongoing -- and increasingly nasty -- divorce battle with his wife Victoria has drained his savings.
His attorney, Joseph Mannis, states in the filing -- obtained by TMZ -- that because Hopper is so terminally ill, he is unable to defend himself in divorce proceedings. "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition," one of the actor's doctors declared.
The document reportedly lists Hopper, 73, as weighing a little more than 100 pounds. In previous court filings, Hopper had expressed hope that chemo would improve his condition enough to work again.
The main contention with his wife of over 14 years is over the amount of spousal support he believes he can afford. In the legal documents, Hopper states he is capable of paying her $5,000 a month, but no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
"Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services," his CPA reportedly wrote.
Victoria does not believe Hopper is in financial peril, however, claiming he has earned millions in recent years by selling his artwork. He claims that in the last 9 years he has only profited $45,000 from the sales.
Hopper filed for divorce in January. The divorce has also been tripped up by Hopper's requests for visits with the couple's 6-year-old daughter.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'John Wayne Day' in Texas honors actor's 108th birthday
- Actor Sam Shepard arrested for drunken driving in Santa Fe
- B.B. King's family alleges he was poisoned; police deny murder investigation
- Indian Court Gives Convicted Bollywood Star Salman Khan Permission to Travel Overseas
- South Korean Actor Choi Min-sik Wins Grand Prize at Baeksang Awards
- Alec Baldwin on Fatherhood, Tom Cruise in 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' and His 'Glengarry Glen Ross' Role
- First 'Point Break' Remake Trailer Pulls a 'Fast & Furious'
- David Duchovny Says New 'X-Files' Is 'Fantastic,' Wants More Episodes
- 'It' Loses Director Cary Fukunaga; Movie Pushed Indefinitely