Dennis Hopper Too Sick for Chemotherapy, Court
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 25th 2010 06:03AM
Shocking new court documents report that actor Dennis Hopper is too frail to undergo chemotherapy for prostate cancer and that the ongoing -- and increasingly nasty -- divorce battle with his wife Victoria has drained his savings.
His attorney, Joseph Mannis, states in the filing -- obtained by TMZ -- that because Hopper is so terminally ill, he is unable to defend himself in divorce proceedings. "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition," one of the actor's doctors declared.
The document reportedly lists Hopper, 73, as weighing a little more than 100 pounds. In previous court filings, Hopper had expressed hope that chemo would improve his condition enough to work again.
The main contention with his wife of over 14 years is over the amount of spousal support he believes he can afford. In the legal documents, Hopper states he is capable of paying her $5,000 a month, but no more. Because he is unable to work, the actor's finances are stagnant and his accountant states his liquid assets total about $300,000.
"Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services," his CPA reportedly wrote.
Victoria does not believe Hopper is in financial peril, however, claiming he has earned millions in recent years by selling his artwork. He claims that in the last 9 years he has only profited $45,000 from the sales.
Hopper filed for divorce in January. The divorce has also been tripped up by Hopper's requests for visits with the couple's 6-year-old daughter.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Murray to have cameo on new Rashida Jones' TV show
- Pharrell Williams says he did not copy Marvin Gaye's work for hit song
- Celebrity scale: Skinny or curvy?
- Shanghai's Fundamental Films Plans $61 Million Capital Raise
- Tracey Ullman Returns to U.K. TV After 30 Years
- Parvati Shallow Breaks Down 'Survivor: World Apart': What's Up With the Nudists?
- Dave Franco Facts: 10 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Unfinished Business' Star
- Neill Blomkamp Is Sad More People Don't Explode In 'Chappie' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Luke Evans Cast as Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast'