Gabby Sidibe Reportedly Too Big for Vogue
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 25th 2010 06:00AM
Vogue Magazine Rejects 'Precious' Gabby
Sources tell me that the editors of Vogue magazine rejected the idea of letting Oscar nominee Gabby Sidibe grace its fashionable pages because of her size.
"She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent," one nasty little fashion queen (who I shall not be talking with again) told me.
"Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All are of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby," a less acid-tongued fashion source explained.
A spokesperson for Vogue editor Anna Wintour, who after a trip to Minnesota said, "I can only kindly describe most of the people that I saw as little houses," didn't return calls by deadline.
I say, if Vogue is so buddy-buddy with all the designers, tell them make a dress for Gabby for the next issue. See? Problem fixed. That was easy! And for all of you magazine editors out there, normal people don't want to see all of these skeleton models -- give us the real girls!
Manilow Replaced '70s 'Copa' Jacket With Tailed Tux
Finally, after 32 years, the most famous costume from the '70s has been updated.
Barry Manilow, who has hit the Las Vegas Strip with his new show, traded his famous white ruffled 'Copacabana' jacket for an elegant black tuxedo jacket with tails and dapper top hat.
The Smithsonian Museum in Washington requested the original 'Copa' jacket to include in its pop culture wing. Sadly, though, they returned it after Barry said, "I always knew it would end up in an institution one day." (Those museum types have no sense of humor.)
Still, Barry does have a sense of humor, and he tells me: "I'm going to miss that silly Copacabana shirt. I've worn it for so many years, it's walking around without me!"
Check out Barry at The Paris in Vegas, the hottest spot North (and West) of Havana.
The 'Top Chef' Tattoo Controversy Solved
Gail Simmons started an Internet firestorm amongst foodies with her latest video installment on KitchenDaily.com, when it appeared that she had a new tattoo on her forearm.
However, there's no need to panic, sources tell me. The shoot took place the day after a baby shower for 'Top Chef' host Padma Lakshmi, where one of the traditional party games/customs was for everyone to get a henna tattoo. The problem is, henna tattoos don't actually go away that fast, and hence, Gail's temporarily tatted video shoot.
Try some lemon juice, Gail! (Note to Real Simple magazine: Tell us how to wipe off a henna tattoo!)
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Weight -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Don Rickles recovering from flesh-eating disease
- Is ?Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' a good way to learn about the life of Nelson Mandela?
- Carrie Undewood tweets Bible verse in response to critics
- South Asian International Film Festival: 'Siddharth' Wins Grand Jury Prize
- 'SNL' Recap: 'Anchorman 2' Cast Battles One Direction
- 'SNL' Mocks 'Sound of Music Live!' With Special Guests
- PopWatch Planner: ?Arrow', ?Scandal' mid-season finales, ?American Hustle' in theaters, more
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on ?Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction
- 'X-Men' Kind of Confuses Ian McKellen